The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL warns Flames, Oilers; Parros expected to attend rematch

Rate this topic

39 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I'm going to post two unpopular opinions here:

First, respect to Tkachuk for showing up this time. (Kass and MCDavid both said much the same in post game interviews) Reminded me of when Claude Lemieux decided to face the music against Darren MCCarty, back in the late 90s.

The "Turtle" shirts were pretty awesome though. I think in a way it's part of the reason Tkachuk decided to go. No hockey player with an ounce of self respect wants that to be their legacy. (except maybe Brad Marchand)

Second: I'm a George Parros fan. I've disagreed with many of his decisions as Director of DOPS, but it's a no-win kind of job.

I remember a game back when Parros was still playing for the Ducks....he and Darcy Hordichuk dropped the mitts and were a few seconds into a spirited tussle, when Hordi either got tagged a bit, or lost his balance.....Parros could have totally filled him in...but he didn't. He held off and the linesmen jumped in and separated the two. That's an enforcer who understands the code, just like Tkachuk did (albeit a bit late) and as a lifelong player myself,  I have respect for that.

Tell that to Matheson. Even Marchand has gotten into scraps occasionally.

But I agree, good on Tkachuk stepping up and thus not allowing the situation to boil over.

Most fighters in the league seem to know this code of backing off when a guy is down and we see two guys that were pummelling each other telling each other that it was a good tilt. It's good to see that kind of sportsmanship.

I don't know if the presence of Parros made a difference one way or another.....I'm of the opinion that Tkachuk decided he was going to answer the bell before the game even started. Kass basically confirmed this when he said that Tkachuk had asked him to go earlier in the game. Parros didn't see anything there that would require his intervention.

I only watched the highlights, but by far the dirtiest thing I saw was Gio sticking out his leg on McDavid. Considering what CM went through in the off season, it was extremely cheap, IMO and if I was an Oiler, I would have made him pay for that.

Still, Gio is a "superstar", (and he only made half contact) so I don't see any further discipline coming.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I don't know if the presence of Parros made a difference one way or another.....I'm of the opinion that Tkachuk decided he was going to answer the bell before the game even started. Kass basically confirmed this when he said that Tkachuk had asked him to go earlier in the game. Parros didn't see anything there that would require his intervention.

I only watched the highlights, but by far the dirtiest thing I saw was Gio sticking out his leg on McDavid. Considering what CM went through in the off season, it was extremely cheap, IMO and if I was an Oiler, I would have made him pay for that.

Still, Gio is a "superstar", (and he only made half contact) so I don't see any further discipline coming.

wait till Saturday  when Parros isn't there  , somebody gonna get hurt,   look at the goons Calgary dressed   Zac Rinaldo   lol   Tkachuk only fought because Luicic was riding shotgun  

Just now, the grinder said:

wait till Saturday  when Parros isn't there  , somebody gonna get hurt,   look at the goons Calgary dressed   Zac Rinaldo   lol   Tkachuk only fought because Luicic was riding shotgun  

Hmmm....not sure why it would be different without George....they've got this new technology called video...

2 minutes ago, the grinder said:

, it doesn.t matter if Parros is there or not  , there will be more fights to come , gio will have to fight for sticking his knee out 

Good point. He should have to, IMHO, but I don't know what Tippett thinks.

If Crow was coaching the Oil, I'd bet the mortgage on it....

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Good point. He should have to, IMHO, but I don't know what Tippett thinks.

If Crow was coaching the Oil, I'd bet the mortgage on it....

well we know why kassian was resigned  before the game , to fight .  , I thought it was kind of funny , kass get a 4 yr deal, coming off a suspension and  just before a 'death" match  lol , It just shows you  that fighting is still in the game , and that means the Canucks better find a mean sob soon , 

3 hours ago, the grinder said:

, it doesn.t matter if Parros is there or not  , there will be more fights to come , gio will have to fight for sticking his knee out 

And so he should. Its a total chicken$h!t move. He deserves to get the crap beaten out of him...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SergioMomesso said:

What a gong show in Cowtown tonight. 

It was actually awesome.  Lol. If they can make even me tune in to their games , u know it's definitely entertaining.  The entire game was entertaining from pretty much every angle.  

Edited by cuporbust
  • Cheers 2

I love watching two teams I loathe beat the tar out of each other. 

As pointed out in TSN Lucic has more or less been a no show thus far when these teams have met. 

He wasn't noticeable.

As much as I am not a fan of Eriksson I'm glad JB never pulled off the rumored swap of bring Lucic to Vancouver.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, aqua59 said:

As pointed out in TSN Lucic has more or less been a no show thus far when these teams have met. 

He wasn't noticeable.

As much as I am not a fan of Eriksson I'm glad JB never pulled off the rumored swap of bring Lucic to Vancouver.

I mentioned this in a status update post on the front page - notice how he said nothing about Kassian and the Tkachuk debacle - I would have dressed Rinaldo and sat lucic this game - at least you know he would have challenged Kassian etc in a blowout. Considering these two teams might meet in the 1st round I'd be concerned if I was the Flames as the guy you brought in for his physical play was non existent in these last 2 games.

28 minutes ago, aqua59 said:

He wasn't noticeable.

Lucic only pulls his dirty BS when someone lays him out with a clean hit and he can't take it like a man.  He doesn't stand up for teammates.

Lucic might even be more of a b**** than Ratchuk.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Lucic. 

Notice how suddenly the Flames’ players are mixing it up and getting into their first tussles? 

Think that’s a coincidence?

Lucic’s presence has impacted the team, just like how when Rypien arrived here and suddenly Kesler, Burrows and our other players started feeling tough too. 

It’s kind of pathetic that I have to hear the talking heads and some of you in here talking about Lucic’s non-fights as if he did something wrong by not acting the part of goon.

He is the insurance policy; the balance.

If and when things get out of hand or somebody needs straightening out, Lucic is their to do the enforcer thing and play cop, as that role has done for over a century. It’s like people have forgotten what that role is for and why it was important.

Billy Goat Gruff, stuff. 

Lucic is the nuclear bomb in this “war”. 

When needed, he can and will change the momentum and fortunes of this war of Alberia. Until that time comes, he’s effective just in his presence on the bench. The proof is there for all to see, so I don’t get any of the sensationalism and negativity surrounding his part during this rivalry.