CBH1926

Coronavirus outbreak

19 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

LIke i have said for the 5th time.... you have absolutely no clue as to which party i want to win the next BC election.

I am still trying to figure out who to vote for.   Only a fool doesn't change his mind.....

This next election will be tricky for many voters to figure out who to support. 

Both of you should  back off, grow up, or go meet and argue somewhere else please

• Hydration 1

3 minutes ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

Both of you should  back off, grow up, or go meet and argue somewhere else please

it's a forum, you can step out if you'd like.  It's for discussion and discourse not the keep Ajax happy fun time moment

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Sounds like Canada is in for quite the winter flu combined with covid  season...

Just now, bishopshodan said:

They are both battle hardened. 

This back and forth is very mild. 

I think they are actually flirting with each other. 

I miss Strome :( 

• Confused 1

Just now, Warhippy said:

Haha,

I originally had typed that I think Hip misses his favourite chew toy..

I miss him too.

5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Haha,

I originally had typed that I think Hip misses his favourite chew toy..

I miss him too.

Harvey more though

• Hydration 1

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Intelligent humans change their minds

I have a very clean mind --- I change it so often!!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

The school districts in BC are receiving $242M in funding and they are able to use it as they see fit to protect against covid.  

That sounds great but this isn't the reality in our area.  Over 80% kids returning for full class schedules.  Same class sizes.  No distancing and no masks.  This is the problem with giving money out and expecting others to figure it out.  Even the BCTF President and the local school association President have come out and said that it's up to the teachers to figure it out in their own classes.  There really needed to be some directive to say maximum number of people in a given space or mask wearing is mandatory....which would be consistent with stores, etc.  Kids who don't mind wearing masks could be cohorted in the same class.  I could go on but these are the types of things I expected from the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Health.  I admit that different schools have different challenges but having 5 sets of 400 kids going through the same door in a 5 minute span doesn't seem right neither.

• Hydration 1

4 hours ago, Warhippy said:

For those worried about spending.

Keep the numbers in perspective.

The US has 9x the population we do, but has now spent over $10 trillion since March.  less than 1.2 trillion went to people.  The rest went to business and buying junk bonds and bad debt.  The US is facing a mortgage default crisi over the next few months and small businesses are set to close in the potentially hundreds of thosuands across the nation.

Canada...not so much, $300 ish billion most went to people and small business.  Let's stop complaining about spending during this time as at least it's going where it belongs

Just because the US numbers are worse, doesn't make our numbers better.  But it may be necessary regardless. 

I've heard that the plan is to spend another $150B over the next 2 years......if that's true and there's still pushback from other parties, then there will be a lot of people in financial problems over the next couple of years.  This will be ugly regardless.

Edited by NHL97OneTimer

#BrokenBC

#antiSCIENCE-BC 

From twitter....

My child has had a mask in her backpack every day this year. Not being worn regularly. But she panicked when she didn’t have “inside shoes” packed, because that’s a rule. So there’s a rule about inside shoes, but no rule to wear a mask in the midst of a pandemic. Do better #BCED.
Edited by kingofsurrey

15 hours ago, Warhippy said:

You can get him with the next shot

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

#BrokenBC

#antiSCIENCE-BC 

From twitter....

My child has had a mask in her backpack every day this year. Not being worn regularly. But she panicked when she didn’t have “inside shoes” packed, because that’s a rule. So there’s a rule about inside shoes, but no rule to wear a mask in the midst of a pandemic. Do better #BCED.

isn't that Emily's fault for not packing her kids shoes? #broken_backpack 

13 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

#BrokenBC

#antiSCIENCE-BC 

From twitter....

Maybe Emily should be asking her kid why she isn't wearing her mask instead of wondering why someone isn't forcing her to.....

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stelar said:

Maybe Emily should be asking her kid why she isn't wearing her mask instead of wondering why someone isn't forcing her to.....

Right?  As a parent, she should have some influence in this.  

If a school isn't doing right by your child then make sure you protect them.  I moved my kid to 4 different schools to find one that got it right when she was struggling...

But social media looks like a good place to resolve this important issue.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Right?  As a parent, she should have some influence in this.  

If a school isn't doing right by your child then make sure you protect them.  I moved my kid to 4 different schools to find one that got it right when she was struggling...

I'm starting to see things unravel a bit.  All the precautions put in place are now being somewhat pushed to the side...........forthe first week, kids had to follow the arrows in the hallways, that's pretty much shot now.........kids had to stay in specific spots during lunch and recess with their cohort group, that's being ignored by kids now............kids had to stay in the classrooms during instructional time, now I'm seeing them learning in the hallways in groups.  Parents are not allowed on school grounds, but I am seeing parents come onto the playground with their kids.  I know one principal in my district who has buckled to parent pressure and will expand the cohort groups for grade 7's so they can hang around with their friends.

As suspected, the vast majority of our time is spent policing and it's only going to get worse as more and more things unravel

• Vintage 1

46 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

But social media looks like a good place to resolve this important issue.

Social media is an excellent place for people to discuss issues that affect our communities.  

Sad that our BC gov and Vancouver School Board have decided to cover up Covid exposures happening in Vancouver schools.

NDP government has failed us all in BC. 

At least Surrey is properly reporting Covid exposures to their schools parent communities   Credit once again to Surrey for doing the right thing. 

Edited by kingofsurrey

Sucks living in an anti science / anti mask province - BC.

Can you tell Dr Bonnie Henry in BC. No mandatory mask policy. #bpcoli
Quote Tweet

CBC British Columbia

@cbcnewsbc
· 6h
Experts warn that at this point in the pandemic, when the benefits of mask-wearing are growing clear — and COVID-19 cases are rising rapidly — Canadians should be donning their masks more, not less. https://buff.ly/304OfOI

32 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'm starting to see things unravel a bit.  All the precautions put in place are now being somewhat pushed to the side..........

No reason to believe that schools wouldn't mirror exactly what happened in greater society as a whole. 

This was inevitable as will be the escalation of outbreaks in schools - sorry to you stawns and your colleagues who work with kids, the government knows schools will have outbreaks and seems 100% ok with this.   

• Hydration 1