CBH1926

Coronavirus outbreak

7 minutes ago, swizzey said:

It’s a 99.5% survival rate if you are under 70 years old

Please provide a link, backing up those numbers.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

Dude! Me wrikey

Sick eh! Stopped by Out of Bounds Sports on a whim and bumped into a 3pk of em.

Way better than the Shoppers Drug Mart public shame masks I've been wearing.

9 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Sick eh! Stopped by Out of Bounds Sports on a whim and bumped into a 3pk of em.

Way better than the Shoppers Drug Mart public shame masks I've been wearing.

Nice find, seem to be sold out on a different site. Listed at $30 for 1 mask too...That said I would consider it if I could find em

Just now, Canuckster86 said:

Nice find, seem to be sold out on a different site. Listed at $30 for 1 mask too...That said I would consider it if I could find em

Out of Bounds in Victoria has a few 3pks left. $30

13 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Out of Bounds in Victoria has a few 3pks left. $30

ahh, live in the okanagan unfortunately 

Just now, Canuckster86 said:

ahh, live in the okanagan unfortunately 

They might mail order. Most businesses do.

Google em

1 hour ago, gurn said:

Please provide a link, backing up those numbers.

Case fatality rate depends on the country and age.  But worst for under 70 is 3.6 percent in China for ages 60-69. 

50-59 is 1.3% in China again. 40-49 is .4% and goes down .2% from 10-19 - those are point four and point 2.  In some countries like Italy it is 0% for 10-19.  And from 0-9  it is 0% for most countries with verified data. 70-79 it ranges from 4.8% to 12.8% depending on country. 80 years plus ranges from 13% to 20%.  Italy is the highest. 

Edited by samurai
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, samurai said:

Case fatality rate depends on the country and age.  But worst for under 70 is 3.6 percent in China for ages 60-69. 

50-59 is 1.3% in China again. 40-49 is .4% and goes down .2% from 10-19 - those are point four and point 2.  In some countries like Italy it is 0% for 10-19.  And from 0-9  it is 0% for most countries with verified data. 70-79 it ranges from 4.8% to 12.8% depending on country. 80 years plus ranges from 13% to 20%.  Italy is the highest. 

Case fatality is also a simplistic way of looking at covid data as more and more research is indicating long term health issues even with those surviving Covid.

So just looking at deaths is a way for  Herd Immunity advocates to push their agenda.  Keep the businesses open....  no need for masks... let the over 80 yr olds face potential death....   My brother falls into this category of person that likes to discount the potential of death due to his younger age....

Edited by kingofsurrey

1 hour ago, swizzey said:

It’s a 99.5% survival rate if you are under 70 years old. That is higher odds than the flu. Open the country and get back to normal already. We don’t shut the country down for every flu season. Let’s move on.

I think you're missing the fact that there could be long term health implications for people of all ages and they're still figuring it all out.

Do you not have anyone in the family who's 70+?   They deserve consideration in all of this too!

• Thanks 1