CBH1926

Coronavirus outbreak

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

It’s even worse than having the owner’s son play on your local Junior hockey team........Wayyyyyyyy worse.  


So hard to comprehend why more people don’t seem to realize this. 
 

Kushner is a deeply flawed individual and his decision making should begin and end at “honey, should I pick up milk on the way home”?

 

 


 

 

5D95E732-E611-4095-8FD1-DF6ABD656148.png

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, sonoman said:

 

6C8FA538-6212-4740-9E3D-1CB371E38447.gif

Dental social distancing at its finest.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

91973215_2930537243658613_6074231702517972992_n.jpg

Mr. Christie, you ate all the cookies.

  • Hydration 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

https://swprs.org/corona-media-propaganda/


NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden already warned that the reported corona crisis is used for a massive expansion of global surveillance and control measures, which will not be dismantled afterwards. The Argentinean virologist Pablo Goldschmidt, who lives in France, speaks of a „global media terror“ and „totalitarian measures“.

 

 

Edited by riffraff
  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Except that plan isn't even remotely realistic, especially since the NHL has said they will not compromise 20-21 season.  And now we're getting projections that this could last months not weeks.  They should do the right thing and cancel the season and start working on some way to raise money to the charities that are in dire need instead of alienating Joe Public with talks of resuming a season we all know isn't going to happen.

I don’t agree with making a full 2020-21 season a priority.

 

Playing 85% of a season and scrapping it is way more of a travesty than playing two 70 game seasons (which is what the season should be anyways).

 

Playoff revenue is worth way more than 12 games of the regular season.

 

Edited by DeNiro
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

One might ask what is a national security priority in Canada? Not like SARs wasn't a wake up call. I see the 10 year bond yield in the USA dropped below Canada's. I don't think I have ever seen that before. At some point Canada will not be able to finance the debt. I suspect rating agencies will be re-evaluating both government and corporate debt in Canada. How much of Canadian GDP will be in the hands of government by the time this virus passes? 

 

If Canada had any illusions about what the Americans were capable of then NAFTA 2.0 should have woke them up. If it wasn't Trump playing hardball it would be another POTUS. Nixon and LBJ come to mind. They needed us a lot more back then, not so much now. Truly I think there is a significant geopolitical realignment going on here. I think the Americans are aware of the world debt problem and are positioning themselves to come out the other end. To them this is just as much a national security issue as any threat the Russians or Chinese present. I have said many times I do not expect Canada to survive as constituted.   

I don't think your nafta 2.0 analysis is correct, I haven't seen anything negative about it by any credible source. Worst case is we came out the same as before which was pretty good. 

 

What can save Canada is our ridiculous natural resource wealth and nascent manufacturing capability in many areas. We have a lot of little pockets of very capable folks, we need to foster that. 

  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting that our federal system is working much more smoothly than our neighbours to the south.  There is none of the partisan sniping that we see there with our own provincial and federal leaders.  We are all in this together. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dungass said:

Interesting that our federal system is working much more smoothly than our neighbours to the south.  There is none of the partisan sniping that we see there with our own provincial and federal leaders.  We are all in this together. 

What is this?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I don’t agree with making a full 2020-21 season a priority.

 

Playing 85% of a season and scrapping it way more of a travesty than playing two 70 game seasons (which is what the season should be anyways).

 

Playoff revenue is worth way more than 12 games of the regular season.

 

I don't think we'll see sports for a very, very long time.......not until there's a vaccine

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time for Canada, BC more specifically to put their foot DOWN and immediately STOP shipping those precious materials to 3M down in the states. If Trump thinks he can hoard all the masks while using Canadian materials F that noise!! 

 

But being polite Canadians with no back bone, we like cave and let him get away with it. Trudeau would earn my respect if he say not so fast Trump and immediately shuts that down. 

 

Surely we can make our own masks in Canada with those materials!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, stawns said:

I don't think we'll see sports for a very, very long time.......not until there's a vaccine

I don’t agree.

 

A vaccine doesn’t need to come first a treatment for it does. 
 

There are already approved drugs out there that are showing promise. Just have to identify the right one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, riffraff said:

What is this?

 

 

Getting through the Covid 19 pandemic 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, riffraff said:

https://swprs.org/corona-media-propaganda/


NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden already warned that the reported corona crisis is used for a massive expansion of global surveillance and control measures, which will not be dismantled afterwards. The Argentinean virologist Pablo Goldschmidt, who lives in France, speaks of a „global media terror“ and „totalitarian measures“.

 

 

All this scares me more than the virus.  So many people are calling it conspiracy, but they need to open their eyes and do some research.  Add a cashless society to the list and mandatory vaccines or you will be limited as to where you can go.

Google is already releasing location info.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/google-s-sharing-canadians-location-data-with-the-government-but-says-privacy-s-assured-1.4880747

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, riffraff said:

 

 

 

1 hour ago, riffraff said:

 

 

where did the subs come from - when i click on the actual link there are no subs.  Are they accurate or just youtube automatic subs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Time for Canada, BC more specifically to put their foot DOWN and immediately STOP shipping those precious materials to 3M down in the states. If Trump thinks he can hoard all the masks while using Canadian materials F that noise!! 

 

But being polite Canadians with no back bone, we like cave and let him get away with it. Trudeau would earn my respect if he say not so fast Trump and immediately shuts that down. 

 

Surely we can make our own masks in Canada with those materials!?

It’s better for Canada not to stoop to his level but rather show diplomatic leadership and raise the discourse to our level. 
 

He’ll realize soon enough once someone with half a brain explains things to him and he’ll back down and undoubtedly try and make himself seem magnanimous in the process.  

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.