13 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Massachusetts releasing prisoners with ankle bracelets

parks remain closed

:picard:

how are those things related? 

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mackcanuck said:

Nice. We're going have a real big game, a nice game for everyone. NFL, and MLB, vs NHL, and NBA. You know for America. Where everything is great. This pandemic disease is nothing compared to the USA. We will play this game in one week to prove how great we are and I'm sure the USA will win by 10 goal baskets like we always do. 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Canada Hockey Place said:

The majority of people are looking for reliable information. 

If all your posts are to argue about the reliability of generally accepted sources, you're in the wrong place. Try 4chan or Reddit. 

The time to act like a bad ass who isn't listening to the doctors, experts and government is over.

You are now a threat and an enemy of the general public. 

So true

• Hydration 3

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

how are those things related? 

Gosh Jimmy. Do you need a picture drawn for everything?  Obviously they are all going to be released into the parks where they will plan to overthrow our communities and cities. :lol:

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Really this doesn’t even apply to what I posted 

there is none of either

its a presentation of actual fact

How does what you posted apply to Covid?  I'd like that explained?  

And to those saying "not as fatal"?   To those who perish from it, it's fatal.  It's a bit of a slap in the face to treat deaths like "no big deal because you haven't died from it.."not that fatal"??

OMG this yoga guy. 

https://globalnews.ca/news/6777373/bc-man-hot-water-covid-19-test-site-hospital/?utm_source=GlobalBC&utm_medium=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR2_K-QvLGb1KyLPpbAt2EWMFyMo7axtNiGXmpIFUOsA6izGMUdAXmb9RPg

The operator of a Delta yoga studio that was shut down after claiming hot yoga can kill the novel coronavirus is facing an investigation after posting a series of videos where he entered health-care facilities to get the “truth” about the pandemic....

Also...Pink had it and was slamming the lack of testing.  She is donating $1M toward the cause.

• Hydration 2

7 hours ago, samurai said:

Many experts believe that it is very fast spreading as you say but not as fatal as other corona like SARS. 

Who are the "many experts"?  You should post links when making a strong statement like that please/thanks.

Very fast spreading causes hospitals to be overburdened and have to make some tough choices that WILL BE fatal for some as they go untreated.  And if they die because they didn't have access to a ventilator, I'm pretty sure that means the disease was fatal for them.  

For those who die, "not as fatal" is not appropriate.

• Hydration 2

23 minutes ago, stawns said:

Same as samurai........what is it you're trying to say?

Really?

9 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Who are the "many experts"?  You should post links when making a strong statement like that please/thanks.

I have also read a number of “experts” also make the claim. He should have cited some work. I was able to pull up one, although I know there are more (article updated as of March 26th):

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.accuweather.com/en/health-wellness/coronavirus-expert-says-the-virus-will-burn-itself-out-in-about-6-months/679415/amp

I certainly don’t know about the validity of the title of the article claiming it will burn itself out after 6 months (one can hope). In the interview itself with Pathology Professor in Hong Kong John Nichols (CoronaVirus Expert apparently):

“Compared to SARS and MERS, we are talking about a coronavirus that has a mortality rate of eight to 10 times less deadly to SARS to MERS,” Nicholls said. “So, a correct comparison is not SARS or MERS but a severe cold. Basically, this is a severe form of the cold.”

It’s far less fatal, but he also claims it’s still not a correct comparison.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, stawns said:

Same as samurai........what is it you're trying to say?

Just feel like screaming:

1.  This is a NOVEL coronavirus...meaning no one has immunity.  

2.  This seems to spread really fast meaning a lot of people are going to get this at relatively the same time

3.  Are there worse viruses?  Yes, even worse coronaviruses.  Other viruses (coronaviruses, flu's, etc) have partial immunity amongst the population so cases are more spread out and people can receive the care they need.

4.  However, if a lot of people get this at the same time enough of them will be bad enough that the hospitals will be overwhelmed

5.  When hospitals are overwhelmed, many people will die needlessly because they can't get care.

• Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

How does what you posted apply to Covid?  I'd like that explained?  

And to those saying "not as fatal"?   To those who perish from it, it's fatal.  It's a bit of a slap in the face to treat deaths like "no big deal because you haven't died from it.."not that fatal"??

OMG this yoga guy. 

https://globalnews.ca/news/6777373/bc-man-hot-water-covid-19-test-site-hospital/?utm_source=GlobalBC&utm_medium=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR2_K-QvLGb1KyLPpbAt2EWMFyMo7axtNiGXmpIFUOsA6izGMUdAXmb9RPg

Also...Pink had it and was slamming the lack of testing.  She is donating $1M toward the cause.

Please read the articles in their entirety.

answers are there.

links are there.

sources are there.

info is there.

research and questions are allowed.

26 minutes ago, Canada Hockey Place said:

The majority of people are looking for reliable information. 

If all your posts are to argue about the reliability of generally accepted sources, you're in the wrong place. Try 4chan or Reddit. 

The time to act like a bad ass who isn't listening to the doctors, experts and government is over.

You are now a threat and an enemy of the general public. 

Generally accepted sources.

good one.

6 minutes ago, riffraff said:

answers are there.

links are there.

sources are there.

info is there.

Quit the line of bull$&!#!t and say what you think.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Generally accepted sources.

Alf's plumber is my source of information.  Hasn't failed me yet.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Quit the line of bull$&!#!t and say what you think.

I’ve already said.

gvts are making decision based on inconclusive science.

quit the bs and pay attention 

3 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Alf's plumber is my source of information.  Hasn't failed me yet.

Very close to the truth lol

12 minutes ago, riffraff said:

answers are there.

links are there.

sources are there.

info is there.

No, I want your connection between the article and Covid-19.  Your words, not theirs.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, riffraff said:

I’ve already said.

So, it's a hoax is what you're saying.......some deep state power grab?  I just want to be clear what your motives are.  I've no problem with different opinions, I just don't have time or energy for bull$&!#!t trolling.

• Thanks 3
  • Hydration 1

7 minutes ago, riffraff said:

I’ve already said.

They're being proactive because this virus is something new and is fast and furious.  Doesn't leave much wiggle room to scientifically prove things..proof is in the numbers?

Do they sit back?  Wait?  Do all the research as people die?

The decisions are being made because idiots are challenging the severity of this thing and there's an old saying..."better safe than sorry".  They want proof?  Maybe someone in their family dying will be the be careful what you wish for in this.

Governments have had to act without a whole lot to go on....what SHOULD they base decisions on?  

It isn't BS to take this as a real threat and act accordingly.

If some freedoms are temporarily sacrificed so people live, I'd say it's a fair trade off.   And if people did what we were supposed to it would help eliminate the need for enforcement.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

The fact that covid-19 is not as virulent as sars is why it is so dangerous. Asymptomatic people and people with mild to moderate symptoms thinking they have just a cold or the normal flu aren't tested, and are walking around in our communities unknowingly giving it to other people. These make up the majority of the infected.

• Thanks 3
  • Hydration 1