CBH1926

Coronavirus outbreak

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I think you can also work for up to $1000 per month over and above CERB without losing it. 

I don't mind this.

The servers, bartenders etc will fall into this category. They used to live off tips and likely only made min wage on paper. 

2 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

Another protest eh. 

Yup, the liberal media doesn’t mention about Covid during these yet if there is a political rally, oh wow, they are all over Trump (not a Trump fan but see the hypocrisy). Disgusting, how bias the media is :picard:

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

It's interesting that Keith Baldry said yesterday that the tests really aren't that good.  Testing has 30% false negative results.  I would say this means that testing must be done multiple times to screen properly

I was thinking that.

What if the tests just aren’t that accurate. I mean they did kind of rush them into use.

31 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Yup, the liberal media doesn’t mention about Covid during these yet if there is a political rally, oh wow, they are all over Trump (not a Trump fan but see the hypocrisy). Disgusting, how bias the media is :picard:

Honestly I am all for the movement and everything . My brother in law is actually black . But it just seems kinda silly to be having protests here in Vancouver .

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I was thinking that.

What if the tests just aren’t that accurate. I mean they did kind of rush them into use.

The other thing that may not be the panacea that people are hoping for is the vaccine, when it finally comes.....how effective is it really going to be?

I just wanted to add that this is why it is important that scientists are working on multiple vaccines and solutions to Covid 19

Edited by Crabcakes

10 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

Honestly I am all for the movement and everything . My brother in law is actually black . But it just seems kinda silly to be having protests here in Vancouver .

We don't have any shortage of racism in Vancouver.  Just talk to any black person.  They are usually assumed guilty until proven innocent by most white people, most notably a number of police officers.  Same with indigenous people...look at the current potential issue of health care workers taking odds on the level of alcohol in someone's system (indigenous) when they come into Emergency.  Aboriginal women who give birth frequently have their children taken away immediately in the hospital if they have had issues with Social Services and Child Services, with no thought to keeping those children in the indigenous community.  

So yeh, there's a reason to be protesting in Vancouver.  Whether it makes sense to protest Juneteenth is probably a good question.  

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 3

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, skategal said:

We don't have any shortage of racism in Vancouver.  Just talk to any black person.  They are usually assumed guilty until proven innocent by most white people, most notably a number of police officers.  Same with indigenous people...look at the current potential issue of health care workers taking odds on the level of alcohol in someone's system (indigenous) when they come into Emergency.  Aboriginal women who give birth frequently have their children taken away immediately in the hospital if they have had issues with Social Services and Child Services, with no thought to keeping those children in the indigenous community.  

So yeh, there's a reason to be protesting in Vancouver.  Whether it makes sense to protest Juneteenth is probably a good question.  

42 % of women in  Canada's prisons  are indigenous....  3  % of CDN females are indigenous..

overall.  male/female  - ...  27% of  people / CDN's in prison are indigenous.  5 % of CDN's  population are indigenous

#BrokenCanada

#RacistCanada 

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BPA said:

Sewage study suggests COVID-19 was in Italy before China reported cases

https://theprovince.com/news/world/sewage-study-suggests-covid-19-was-in-italy-before-china-reported-cases/wcm/6f394860-6170-4380-8a64-61ec83c265f4

So patient zero could have come from Italy.

That's not what the study is suggesting at all. The key wording there is before China reported cases.

• Hydration 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, grandmaster said:

What don’t you not get about employers? They are the ones taking the risks and paying all the bills. Many businesses are barely keeping their heads above water. You have absolutely nothing in you that can see what others go through. You’re very self centred. Let’s put it this way since you think that way. What’s going to happen when that business goes bankrupt to “pay you more”? Wait, I know. You don’t care because you will just collect EI right? :picard:

No I will go get a job at a viable business. 
Most businesses are just exploiting workers instead of employing them. 

Edited by spur1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Well that would assume that number stays consistent over 500+ players which it surely wouldn’t.

In reality I bet it’s closer to 2% which should have been expected anyways. To think no player was going to get infected was unlikely.

20 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Well that would assume that number stays consistent over 500+ players which it surely wouldn’t.

In reality I bet it’s closer to 2% which should have been expected anyways. To think no player was going to get infected was unlikely.

Considering how young people are managing their Covid lives?

Inevitable.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, skolozsy2 said:

In Illinois, not only do you get unemployment checks, but you got an additional $600 per week on top of that.

I have no issue with the people who have been laid off, furloughed, or who lost their jobs completely because the industry their in has been completely shut down.  I have no problem with the elderly and most vulnerable staying home.   If they have mortgages/rent, mouths to feed, bills to pay, then by all means the State should help them out.

I'm complaining about the 20 somethings still living at home, that are literally filling up the bars on a nightly basis partying like there's no tomorrow.  The bars in my area are loaded with them, every...single...night.  Just last week there was a reporter on WGN at a bar asking people there why they are taking such risks and one response was bragging about how much money they're making from unemployment while someone behind him yelled "I hope Covid NEVER goes away!"  These are the people that need to be cut off.  

I don't mind going to work every day, I actually enjoy my job.  But I sure as hell don't want to go every day just so my taxes can pay for some freeloading 23 year old that wants to retire early and party his balls off.

Locally farmers have been complaining for months that the usual migrant workers haven’t been allowed to come into Canada and work the crops...when we have probably 50-100k people in there 18-23 year old age bracket sitting at home getting fed by mommy collecting CERB cheque’s...perfectly able bodies.   It’s ridiculous really.    Sad thing is they won’t do the work because it’s too “hard”.    Or too “hot” or too “buggy” which is why farmers rely on migrant workers in the first place.   It’s scary to think what might happen if we were ever invaded.  Country would rely on 40-70 year olds to deal with it.   Maybe a little extreme ... but not too far off the mark either.  Used to be at 16-18 you went on your way to get on with life ... wonder what the average age kids leave the home now is? 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, grandmaster said:

What don’t you not get about employers? They are the ones taking the risks and paying all the bills. Many businesses are barely keeping their heads above water. You have absolutely nothing in you that can see what others go through. You’re very self centred. Let’s put it this way since you think that way. What’s going to happen when that business goes bankrupt to “pay you more”? Wait, I know. You don’t care because you will just collect EI right? :picard:

We haven't seen the true fallout from C-19 yet. Massive employment in small and large businesses that will not recover. Many people do not understand the confidence in future outcomes that people who invest count on. They also grossly over estimate how much people make from such investments. Many people who start businesses are essentially creating themselves a job. A small number gain traction and actually grow their businesses into something greater. Demand destruction is a reality. Governments are trying to retain the capacity of businesses to re-employ laid off workers. At some point they will no longer be able to do that. True capitalism demands the destruction of unprofitable businesses. It is very disruptive and causes great hardship for many.  

8 hours ago, spur1 said:

No I will go get a job at a viable business. 
Most businesses are just exploiting workers instead of employing them. 

Good luck with that when there are millions lining up for that same job you want. Better yet since businesses are exploiting workers so much why don't you start your own business and show the world a better way? 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1