Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks #1 in Pacific division heading into all star break with games in hand.

Rate this topic


koregen
 Share

Recommended Posts

We got 14 games left if I did my math right before the deadline. To hold onto first what record would you all guess we need in those 14? I’m saying 10-4 - 9-5 will be right in there.... the reason I’m bringing this up is if we are in first at trade deadline does this make us serious buyers? also a desirable location to lift NTC for the big fish available? or does this management maybe just add some depth and stay on course and see what this young group has when playoffs arrive and fill in the gaps during summer months and prospects in our system? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

We got 14 games left if I did my math right before the deadline. To hold onto first what record would you all guess we need in those 14? I’m saying 10-4 - 9-5 will be right in there.... the reason I’m bringing this up is if we are in first at trade deadline does this make us serious buyers? also a desirable location to lift NTC for the big fish available? or does this management maybe just add some depth and stay on course and see what this young group has when playoffs arrive and fill in the gaps during summer months and prospects in our system? 

we just need to stay the course, we just don't have cap space to do any deals , unless we trade a stetcher  or baer etc  .definitely won't be  tanev  traded if we are in the playoff hunt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, the grinder said:

we just need to stay the course, we just don't have cap space to do any deals , unless we trade a stetcher  or baer etc  .definitely won't be  tanev  traded if we are in the playoff hunt

I completely understand ive seen teams get creative in making cap space in the past Tho, I am personally hoping what your saying and stay the course but I could see pressure on benning from ownership

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Considering how tight our division is, I would just be glad if we made the playoffs. 

 

It's so hard to predict how everything will end up. I have never seen so much parity in our division in non-lockout shortened season. Like this is insane. 

image.thumb.png.d4632e3acf6c068b8ec9c7c79d416889.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

I completely understand ive seen teams get creative in making cap space in the past Tho, I am personally hoping what your saying and stay the course but I could see pressure on benning from ownership

I think ownership understands ,  that we wont be trading hog and podz or any young players for a rental  ,  we  maybe  make a few minor tweaks  or JB somehow brings trymkin over but it not going to be a big splash

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, the grinder said:

I think ownership understands ,  that we wont be trading hog and podz or any young players for a rental  ,  we  maybe  make a few minor tweaks  or JB somehow brings trymkin over but it not going to be a big splash

I sure hope so! I Am so uncomfortable with our ownership but maybe they have more faith in benning than they had with past gms, would be nice to see if we have some playoff performers in our young lineup before losing assets to acquire just that, a healthy fresh ferland would be a great addition with the hopes of tryamkin would resolve a physical push back im a little concerned about 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

I sure hope so! I Am so uncomfortable with our ownership but maybe they have more faith in benning than they had with past gms, would be nice to see if we have some playoff performers in our young lineup before losing assets to acquire just that, a healthy fresh ferland would be a great addition with the hopes of tryamkin would resolve a physical push back im a little concerned about 

if ownership wasn't on board they wouldn't of extended benning  , the goal was to make the playoffs this year . get experience  and keeping adding young players

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, koregen said:

The pacific division is real tight as usual and only 1 point separates the top 5 teams, however the Canucks find themselves on top with games in hand. The surprising part is that the bottom 2 teams of the Pacific division also hold the wild card spot.

 

The sharks have been out muscling and intimidating the Canucks for so many years it feels so good to beat them tonight and to see their vets loosing their cool(Thornton's late hit on Sutter).

 

The best part about this season is that this is a fun team to watch, they are scoring goals and counting on offense instead of playing trap and defense to win games. It's a good time to be a Canucks fan and being such a young team the future seasons look bright.

If Vegas wins tomorrow they will technically be #1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...