The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fire Green!

Rate this topic

Dumb Nuck

I think coaching is generally overrated in hockey. It's much more of a player's game compared to basketball and especially football. 

So that, combined with my belief that Green is doing a fine job, makes me disagree with your opinion.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

I always love these kinds of complaints.  The Canucks are having great success and people are still saying we should fire the coach?

And who are we going to replace him with - the flawless coach out there whom no one else has hired?  Who exactly would that be?

People forget that if you fire the coach, you have to replace him.  Who do you have in mind that hasn't just been fired for underachieving?

Edited by Saved_by_Jesus
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Grape said:

I think coaching is generally overrated in hockey. It's much more of a player's game compared to basketball and especially football. 

So that, combined with my belief that Green is doing a fine job, makes me disagree with your opinion.

I feel a team adopts a coaches attitude and plays as such, I feel Green is way to soft and as a result our team is too soft to have playoff success.

6 minutes ago, Saved_by_Jesus said:

I always love these kids of complaints.  The Canucks are having great success and people are still saying we should fire the coach?

And who are we going to replace him with - the flawless coach out there whom no one else has hired?  Who exactly would that be?

People forget that if you fire the coach, you have to replace him.  Who do you have in mind that hasn't just been fired for underachieving?

Not sure what the issues with Gallant are but he has a decent record and coached a pretty gritty team. Regardless, sticking with an inferior coach because you’re scared of change is not a good Stanley Cup winning strategy.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Saved_by_Jesus said:

But firing a winning/overachieving coach, and hiring the coach who was just fired for underachieving with a more skilled team on paper - that's your winning strategy?

Green is not overachieving, we has some pretty legit talent than IMHO has been underachieving.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

Green is not overachieving, we has some pretty legit talent than IMHO has been underachieving.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but yours is simply wrong.

If you had a great idea for a replacement, I might bother to keep listening to you, but suggesting Gallant just makes me certain that you have no idea what you are talking about.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Talk about moving goal posts....

At the start of the season, it was all about trying to make the play offs. Great achievement for a team led by youngsters...

And you are unhappy about us maybe not winning a play off round?

How about we achieve our first target of getting there, and if we should do so, we can set new targets.... patience...

50 years in making the playoff is not a goal, the cup is. Besides, I feel we have a solid team, that should make the playoffs and with a bit of luck could make a run, problem is I do not believe we have the right coach for that hence I’m risking my beer consumption to prove my point.