The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fire Green!

Rate this topic

Dumb Nuck

9 minutes ago, Unknown1995 said:

Yeah and Tort's and Crawford had won cup's before they joined our team as head coaches. 

None of them helped our team win a cup after they joined our team. (They only won one series combined in their time here. )

I like Torts, problem was he was the total extreme opposite of AV, he was the wrong coach for us. I do not like Green, I just think he’s a bad coach overall.

Edited by Dumb Nuck

5 minutes ago, Metal Face Doom said:

Hot takes FTW!  We should not even be in the position we are in at the moment.  The coaching has been good and are 1 of the reasons we are 1st in the division at the moment.  Give credit where credit is due.  

With the talent we have we should be better, I love our team, we have 3 players in the all star game, I’m not a Green fan, I am a true Canucks fan, I know that’s a rarity around here.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Metal Face Doom said:

Hot takes FTW!  We should not even be in the position we are in at the moment.  The coaching has been good and are 1 of the reasons we are 1st in the division at the moment.  Give credit where credit is due.  

Some people just hate other people and like to express their hate to more people.

Thats all this really is  

43 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Green is not overachieving, we has some pretty legit talent than IMHO has been underachieving.

ya finally he has some talent to work with   lol  ,  look where Jake is today  , wouldn't you say  Green had something to do with that., It has been well documented that Green worked with Jake in Utica, and  remember this year at the beginning of training camp when Green sent the message to jake.  I would say that has been effective coaching  and Jakes game shows that now .

3 minutes ago, the grinder said:

ya finally he has some talent to work with   lol  ,  look where Jake is today  , wouldn't you say  Green had something to do with that., It has been well documented that Green worked with Jake in Utica, and  remember this year at the beginning of training camp when Green sent the message to jake.  I would say that has been effective coaching  and Jakes game shows that now .

I like Jake and am happy for him now but I felt he was subdued by Green and his turn the other cheek style and that’s what hurt him, Jake was not allowed to be Jake and that’s my beef with Green, he’s too soft and soft teams don’t win cups.

Edited by Dumb Nuck

47 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

So, I’m saying we have good players and a $&!#ty coach but your saying we have $&!#ty players but a good coach, who’s the true fan? Hint: not you.

I'm not sure what assessment of talent has to do with being a good fan?

My problem with you is as follows:

1) I think you have identified that Green has deficiencies as a coach - good for you, that doesn't take much talent.

2) Despite the fact that all coaches have weaknesses, you have decided that, because you are smart enough to recognize his deficiency (which I question whether you have accurately done that), that he should be fired.

3) You are not capable enough in your coaching talent assessment to realize that, if you fire Green, you need to replace him with some other coach.  That other coach will have to be currently unemployed (i.e. recently fired), and is very likely to have deficiencies that are as bad (and probably worse) than Green's.

Your opinion just seems reactionary (based on simply a "lack of toughness?), and not well thought out.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Saved_by_Jesus said:

I'm not sure what assessment of talent has to do with being a good fan?

My problem with you is as follows:

1) I think you have identified that Green has deficiencies as a coach - good for you, that doesn't take much talent.

2) Despite the fact that all coaches have weaknesses, you have decided that, because you are smart enough to recognize his deficiency (which I question whether you have accurately done that), that he should be fired.

3) You are not capable enough in your coaching talent assessment to realize that, if you fire Green, you need to replace him with some other coach.  That other coach will have to be currently unemployed (i.e. recently fired), and is very likely to have deficiencies that are as bad (and probably worse) than Green's.

Your opinion just seems reactionary (based on simply a "lack of toughness?), and not well thought out.

We can go back and forth till we drink all the beer in the world but For the first time since 2010/11 I’m excited about our team. When we had the best team in the league back then I always said our style was too soft to win the cup and even though we had the most alerted team since perhaps the early Oilers we got bullied it if the co. Wit the great player we have that’s where I feel we are again, we are building a good team but a bad playoff team. I want to see a cup and will be happy to pay if Green gets us one but I’ll probably just end up drunk.

9 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I like Jake and am happy for him now but I felt he was subdued by Green and his turn the other cheek style and that’s what hurt him, Jake was not allowed to be Jake and that’s my beef with Green, he’s too soft and soft teams don’t win cups.

lol well you better tell Mathew Perrault that , he wants to McSorley  jake   and that soft hit by Edler  that was a beauty  

It's not a lack of faith in Green for me, so much as a lack of faith in the process.  So many times this team falls flat on its face, and people point to back-to-back games, or early starts, or inferior refereeing.  But, at some point, the coach has got to take some responsibility for the lack of preparation.  Yes, the players should as well, but the coach is there to help them succeed, and at times, this team seems to do it despite Green and co.  He finally saw the light and moved Jake up and Brock down, but before that, how long does it take to accept that a player has met or exceeded expectations (Jake) or is not performing as well as they could (Brock).  Here's hoping Green is learning, but given the recent effort at times, I reserve judgement until the end of the season.  If the Canucks miss the playoffs, he has to be gone.  They've left too many points on the table, and relied on their resident goalie whisperer to steal too many games, for me to be comfortable with Green long term, unless the team wins at least a round in the playoffs       

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, the grinder said:

lol well you better tell Mathew Perrault that , he wants to McSorley  jake   and that soft hit by Edler  that was a beauty  

We let our stars get hurt with no response, it’s  cool on so many levels. 

Edited by Dumb Nuck

24 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

With the talent we have we should be better, I love our team, we have 3 players in the all star game, I’m not a Green fan, I am a true Canucks fan, I know that’s a rarity around here.

Coaching is part of the reason why we have 3 players in the all star game.  Green is proving once again he knows how to develop and use young talent.  

WTH is a "true Canucks fan?" I'm going to assume that anyone posting on this message board during and/or after games is a fan.  Whether the take is positive or negative.  People who watch games are fans.  People who buy merch are fans. Etc etc etc. People could be a fan for 50 years or 10 years, heck even after 1 year and still be a fan.  Old or new it doesn't matter tbh.  He or she could love the team as much as you proclaim you do.  A fan is a fan.  

2 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

We let our stars get hurt with no response, it cool on so many levels. 

yep stars get hurt  and you go after the guy  and he turtles and you end up getting suspended  that's even cooler   welcome to the New NHL , it is a league problem not a coaching problem

1 hour ago, Dumb Nuck said:

50 years in making the playoff is not a goal, the cup is. Besides, I feel we have a solid team, that should make the playoffs and with a bit of luck could make a run, problem is I do not believe we have the right coach for that hence I’m risking my beer consumption to prove my point.

If the cup is the goal, then I believe this year is pretty unrealistic.

Most of our core haven't even experienced a single playoff game yet and throughout the season have shown swings of both great play and terrible play.

I like Green as the coach... at least for this season.. and hopefully we make it into the playoffs for experience.

6 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

If the cup is the goal, then I believe this year is pretty unrealistic.

Most of our core haven't even experienced a single playoff game yet and throughout the season have shown swings of both great play and terrible play.

I like Green as the coach... at least for this season.. and hopefully we make it into the playoffs for experience.

The cup should always be the goal, most teams that win it are, in Greens words, tough to play against. Obviously we are not and Green is not a tough to play against coach. But we shall see, I put my feelings and beer money out there, in time I may be poorer or I may be smarter and drunker.

Edited by Dumb Nuck

Why are we talking about winning a cup. We haven’t made the playoffs in 5 years.

No one knows what this team will look like when they do make the playoffs. If they do, it’s gonna be a grind till the end.

Imagine when they do make it and sorry good chance they won’t win the cup this year.

What is a true fan anyway? Probably one that wants to see a team succeed including the coach. So many great things have happened to this franchise and Greens apart of it.

And now you’re saying Green had nothing to do with Jakes development. That he held him back up unit now? Green didn’t just put him on the first line because he’s gonna “Just Be Jake” now. It’s because the guy has become a better player under Green and had been rewarded with his consistent play over the past couple months and it’s work.

There’s a damn good chance that if the Canucks and Green weren’t patient with Jake he would be in the minors or traded by now.  

This team has talent but they are inexperienced. This just the tip of the ice burg. Our No. 1 Dman is a flipping ROOKIE. Stop talking about the damn cup and Enjoy some really good hockey. I don’t give a crap if we had all the coaches in the league it doesn’t change the fact that we are just coming out of a rebuild and there’s nothing but good things to come. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Why are we talking about winning a cup. We haven’t made the playoffs in 5 years.

No one knows what this team will look like when they do make the playoffs. If they do, it’s gonna be a grind till the end.

Imagine when they do make it and sorry good chance they won’t win the cup this year.

What is a true fan anyway? Probably one that wants to see a team succeed including the coach. So many great things have happened to this franchise and Greens apart of it.

And now you’re saying Green had nothing to do with Jakes development. That he held him back up unit now? Green didn’t just put him on the first line because he’s gonna “Just Be Jake” now. It’s because the guy has become a better player under Green and had been rewarded with his consistent play over the past couple months and it’s work.

There’s a damn good chance that if the Canucks and Green weren’t patient with Jake he would be in the minors or traded by now.  

This team has talent but they are inexperienced. This just the tip of the ice burg. Our No. 1 Dman is a flipping ROOKIE. Stop talking about the damn cup and Enjoy some really good hockey. I don’t give a crap if we had all the coaches in the league it doesn’t change the fact that we are just coming out of a rebuild and there’s nothing but good things to come. 

We shall see, nothing either one of can say that really matters and quite frankly I hope I’m wrong.