The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | January (19-25) 2020

Rate this topic

7 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

what columbus is doing right now is amazing... if they even make the WC torts should be hands down the jack adam winner.. after losing Duchene Panarin Bobrovsky.. they are current sitting above the playoff bar in front of the laffs... 

It would be hilarious to see Columbus make the playoffs, while Panarin, Bobrovsky, and Duchene all miss.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, mll said:

Looks blindsided - the view from above has Caggiula coming from below.

Is blindside even a thing now?

Lowry had the puck, and was skating sideways with the puck, right into the path of Caggiula. Should have watched where he was going. It certainly wasn't interference, and there was no contact with the head.

• Cheers 2

58 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

So for the last week or so, Jets lost basically every game except the game against the Canucks (and Canucks badly outplayed them too). There has to be dark magic involved in every Vancouver and Winnipeg game:

Funny because I remember in the 90's we had the Jets number almost every time we played them.

April 28/1992. First round Stanley Cup Playoffs. 

Vancouver 8

Winnipeg 3

I remember because it was 2-1 beer night and my buddy was graduating from Kwantlen. I don't know I stumbled home on the bus. 

Basically every goal I had a beer. I lost count after 8. I do remember our Marketing instructor showed up with is wife and he was more wasted than the students were. 

But I was pretty much dead the next morning. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Funny because I remember in the 90's we had the Jets number almost every time we played them.

April 28/1992. First round Stanley Cup Playoffs. 

Vancouver 8

Winnipeg 3

I remember because it was 2-1 beer night and my buddy was graduating from Kwantlen. I don't know I stumbled home on the bus. 

Basically every goal I had a beer. I lost count after 8. I do remember our Marketing instructor showed up with is wife and he was more wasted than the students were. 

But I was pretty much dead the next morning. 

Different franchises. But I hope this trends ends at some point, sick and tired of losing to both Winnipeg, New Jersey, and Montreal.

17 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

So for the last week or so, Jets lost basically every game except the game against the Canucks (and Canucks badly outplayed them too). There has to be dark magic involved in every Vancouver and Winnipeg game:

When  following Canucks for such a long time as I do, there is no other way but to start believing in black magic, bad luck and such...