The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Should Prince Harry be chosen as our King?

canuckster19

7 hours ago, morrissex95 said:

We should be a Republic. 

These so-called "royals" have no idea what regular people have to go through here in Canada.

Pointless to be part of the royal family madness. They shouldn't be as famous or rich as they are. I understand uk keeping them for tourist money but that people would think that today's royals are special is shocking to me. These people did absolutely nothing other then get born into a royal and make a few generic peaceful speeches for certain causes, and religious holidays. 

8 hours ago, morrissex95 said:

We should be a Republic. 

These so-called "royals" have no idea what regular people have to go through here in Canada.

Considering Meghan Markle was raised in Inglewood during the Boyz n the Hood era, yes, you’re probably right.

Edited by HerrDrFunk

Harry is 5th in line for the Crown.  There is practically no chance that he will be King.  That is how he could contemplate marrying an American and stepping back from official duties.

To suggest King of Canada is misunderstanding the role as it is and what it would take to make the change.  The Queen is the head of Government but she takes no role in governing Canada.  Governing is left up to elected people in Canada. 

I'm not particularly pro-Royal but I have no problem with the way things stand 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Why would you turn your country into a Monarchy? It stads against everything a Western Democracy stands for: it places people above the law, and it does so not determined by skill, but by birth. It's a horrible thing and I cannot for the life of me understand why you would want to start a Monarchy from scratch? Totally insane. /Swedish person.

• Thanks 1

Royalty is absolutely useless and wasteful. I'd be embarrassed as a Canadian. It was bad enough when they had sovereign control.

Do these people honestly do anything besides picking up Million / Billion dollar paychecks for doing nothing at all except spending that free money they get from us, waiving to the public, and appearing for photos? Disgusting facet of life if you ask me.

2 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Considering Meghan Markle was raised in Inglewood during the Boyz n the Hood era, yes, you’re probably right.

A little off topic but in my books her character and acting in 'Suits', has got to be the considered the most useless acting job in history. If they completely wiped that character out of the show it would have been better. She plays the old stereotype of a woman being successful purely because she's attractive, instead of skill, personality, charm, and intelligence ... because she's unequivocally the worst actress I have ever seen in my life. Maybe she should just be a princess or something.

Okay. I've wanted to say that forever. :gocan:

Edited by Gawdzukes

2 hours ago, The Game said:

Why would you turn your country into a Monarchy? It stads against everything a Western Democracy stands for: it places people above the law, and it does so not determined by skill, but by birth. It's a horrible thing and I cannot for the life of me understand why you would want to start a Monarchy from scratch? Totally insane. /Swedish person.

We are already a constitutional monarchy. I personally like the idea of a family being the embodiment of what it means to be Canadian.

Edited by canuckster19