The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Should Prince Harry be chosen as our King?

canuckster19

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Isn’t there private security people can hire?  Why does it have to be the RCMP?

The RCMP’s National Division Protective Operations — the same division responsible for the prime minister’s security detail — is responsible for providing protection for visiting International Protected Persons (IPPs), which include heads of state and their families. Currently, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are classified as IPPs.

1 minute ago, naslund.is.king said:

The RCMP’s National Division Protective Operations — the same division responsible for the prime minister’s security detail — is responsible for providing protection for visiting International Protected Persons (IPPs), which include heads of state and their families. Currently, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are classified as IPPs.

I thought they gave up their Royal titles.  Even so, Harry just pays whatever the cost of the RCMP. 

10 hours ago, Russ said:

Even many Englis can't stand the royals and want them gone, why in god green earth would we want someone here to cost tax payers more for no damn reason.  The further we can cut out ties with the them and stop wasting tax payers money on them the better.

We should have just did what the states did and kicked their cans back to their island ,where they belong to start with.....

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, naslund.is.king said:

But would that be for permanent residence or just temp visits?

Regardless waste of god damn tax dollars.  No one cares about them, they are just another person in my view.  I could walk down the street and pass them and never even bat an eye.

3 hours ago, gurn said:

Harry is leaving the "monarchy/family business" why would he then want to be "King" here?

slow day on cdc, weird threads pop up. :picard:

This is a weird thread indeed. People care about this story far too much.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Russ said:

But would that be for permanent residence or just temp visits?

Regardless waste of god damn tax dollars.  No one cares about them, they are just another person in my view.  I could walk down the street and pass them and never even bat an eye.

Tell them we will get the same security detail that Epstein had. Those not in jail have been laid off. 

PS Jeff Epstein did not kill himself! Does anyone care? 

On 1/19/2020 at 1:30 AM, morgo said:

Why?  Name one thing these "Royals" do for you

well ok, they ummmm... ermmmm...  uhhhhhh....  hmmmmm....    wait, they make us feel like peeons to the brits????  yep that's one....   if there's more i have no idea...  

Ugh, so tired of this already.

I applaud a young couple who wants "out" and away from the intense scrutiny they face on a daily basis in order to focus on family and just being normal.  Too bad they'll likely never get that...wish they would.

In seeing how Diana's life ended tragically "running" from it all, I feel like the least we can do for Harry is respect that.  I'm sure that's a sting that will never go away and he's trying everything in his power to avoid having his wife face the same challenges and possible fate.

I hate that the world is so "starstruck" that we forget people are just people.  Even those of prestige, power and wealth.  Inside they're just like the rest of us.

Hope they truly do find the peace they're seeking and the vultures fly off soon.  I only wish for him to be the King of his own castle because he doesn't seem to care so not sure why I should.

• Thanks 1