The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Prospects Update

Rob_Zepp

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Soooo many people forget that OJ and EP40 are essentially the same age (both born same year) - and one of the two has had horrible luck with injuries but now finally healthy is playing like a men among boys in AHL and people act surprised?     

Also considering how few games he's played the past couple years and its effect on his development.

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Soooo many people forget that OJ and EP40 are essentially the same age (both born same year) - and one of the two has had horrible luck with injuries but now finally healthy is playing like a men among boys in AHL and people act surprised?     

Nice to see you back.  I thought you got suspended, its been so long since I have noticed a post?

All 3 of your NHL teams going well right now!

The Canucks have quite a few really good propsects. I was initially bummed out when Benning traded that 1st for Miller, but now that I've had some time to assess that trade, I have no issue with that deal at all. There is no guarantee a 1st round pick will make the NHL and have a good career. There's even less chance that 1st turns into a Miller. The only way this is a loss for the Canucks, is if TB wins a lottery pick with our 1st. Are the Hockey Gods really that cruel to the Canucks?

The 1st may not even be needed. With the likes of Lind, MacEwen, Juolevi, Rafferty and Tryamkin developing and possibly coming in soon, and then behind them having Hoglander, Podkolzin, Madden, Focht, Rathbone, Utunen and Woo. The Canucks are set up for years. I also believe Benning can find gems in rounds 2-7, so I'm not concerned.

• Upvote 1

I think it's fair to say most, or at least some, of us knew Olli had the talent. It was always a matter of getting, and staying, healthy. If not for injury woes I really do believe he could have played last season. Nice to see he is getting there though. Keep up the hard work Olli. We need our few D prospects to reach as close to their potential as possible. Lind is also a pleasant surprise, although I did not jump off ship after he and a few others struggled in their rookie year in the AHL. Lol. Lots of our good prospects were turned on by some in the fanbase cause of struggles that didn't effect our A prospects. Good to see patience is starting to pay off with their play.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Ecstatic you back buddy! Love your comments! Don't always agree, but always respect, them! Stay awhile! B) 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Just like to point out.  Even HF Boards right now is struggling damned hard to crap on anything banning has done recently and are walking back a ton of statements made about prospects.

Watching them squirm is amusing

I think Rick Dhaliwal has picked up their slack.  From Saturday afternoon:

Canucks are in cap hell...

The team is in cap hell...

They're in cap hell...

Lost count of how many times he said it, and it rubbed off on his co-host who started parroting as well.  Would have thought HF'd be all over that canard.