The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Harvey Weinstein Trial Update - Found Guilty of Rape and Sexual Assault

DonLever

NEW YORK — U.S. prosecutors will begin presenting their rape case against Harvey Weinstein on Wednesday, with the once-powerful Hollywood producer facing life in prison if convicted, in a trial that has become a watershed moment for the #MeToo movement. 

It has emerged that lawyers for disgraced mogul plan to use intimate emails between Weinstein and his alleged victims, to prove that they had consensual sexual relations with him.

The move, reports the Associated Press, was disclosed by his defence on Tuesday. Lawyers will make their opening statements to a jury of seven men and five women today in a Manhattan courthouse.

Attorney Damon Cheronis told Justice James Burke Tuesday that Weinstein’s side have “dozens and dozens and dozens of loving emails to Mr. Weinstein” that can be used against possible witnesses.

Some of the same women who claim they were Weinstein victims “also bragged about being in a sexual relationship with him,” he said.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/harvey-weinstein-trial-opens-lawyers-plan-to-use-dozens-of-intimate-emails-to-discredit-witnesses/ar-BBZdyRa?ocid=spartandhp

Edited by DonLever

This is a mess. Incredibly attractive women willing to do anything to make it big in show biz. Some of them did. Now, I guess, it's time to destroy the man that helped make them become famous. Pile on ladies! (oh, that didn't sound right)

• Wat 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

This is a mess. Incredibly attractive women willing to do anything to make it big in show biz. Some of them did. Now, I guess, it's time to destroy the man that helped make them become famous. Pile on ladies! (oh, that didn't sound right)

Victim shaming ? Is that really where we are at..... ?

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

I think some are victim's and some were more than willing to do whatever it took to reach the top. The ladder will be used to help destroy the credibility of the actual victim's.

Sexual assault is not what most women are looking for........ sorry. 

Blame the perp and not the victims...

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

I think some are victim's and some were more than willing to do whatever it took to reach the top. The ladder will be used to help destroy the credibility of the actual victim's.

Do you defend Bill Costy as well.....  ?   really......

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

Sexual assault is not what most women are looking for........ sorry. 

Blame the perp and not the victims...

We'll see what the emails say, if someone sends an email saying hey I want to sleep with you and then it happens that's not assualt. If there was no consent then yeah that's assault. 

Just Another super rich man that gives all men a bad name in the eyes of women,to me taking advantage of your position of power and molesting women are as low as it goes.

I realize his wealth will probably save his useless ass,but I for one think he deserves time in prison for his heinous crime against so many fine women.

• Cheers 2