The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Listen to the drummer

Rate this topic

Timbermen

On 6/10/2020 at 10:07 PM, Timbermen said:

We''re defiantly smarter than we get credit for too. On FB i posted a Buddy Rich solo and a friend (none drummer SJW) pipes up and says Buddy Rich is boring, Alex Van Halen's the best and his drum solos are more musical than Buddy Rich's. I pointed out that AVH has said Buddy Rich was his biggest influence and the reason he started playing drums. He then went on to say Jimi Hendrix is over rated just like Buddy Rich. Lol. This guy still listens to Motley Crue and thinks anything that isn't rock is trash. He doesn't play guitar or drums but apparently Jimi Hendrix and Buddy Rich are a huge waste of time.

This guy needs to check out some jazz guitarists like Joe Pass, Wes Montgomery, Django Reinheart or George Benson, classical guitarists like John Williams, Julian Bream or Christopher Parkening or country virtuosos like Roy Clarke or Chet Atkins. I've never played drums but I can appreciate the difficulty and I have mainly been trying to post songs where drums are prominent and maybe show some drummers many may not be familiar with like Don Powel from Slade or Gil Moore from Triumph (drumming while also doing lead vocals is possibly the most difficult feat in music)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2020 at 2:07 AM, AV's Coin said:

Yes, Moon had ability. I always felt (certainly in his latter years) that he spent far too much time "beating off" on the drums that he became a distraction rather than an enhancement to the band. 

This being said, in this particular piece the guy in back corner (to the right)  laying down that steady latin beat (who didn't get any credit by the looks of it) was as much responsible the quality of the sound.

regards,  G.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Corps drumming is awesome.

Reminds me of being a kid watching the Edinburgh Military Tattoo with my dad. 

I still watch it most years for the memories.

I have been to Edinburgh castle......

Good times....Good memories 

• Cheers 1