The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Sending Boeser Home

19 minutes ago, mll said:

Zucker probably has Vancouver on his no trade list per Russo. It does make sense.  His wife and kids are going to stay back so he probably doesn't want to be too far away. There are apparently no direct flights.  

From Minny to Vancouver? Thats just false.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

i'm shocked how much people underrate other teams prospects.

Facts about Kaprizov:

-He was the youngest player in the Russian team at the 2018 Olympic Games

- He was the youngest player in KHL history to get 100 goals.

- He has the fastest Hatrick in SKA history at around 8 minutes

- He was a captain at the KHL all star game at 22 years old... it was over Vadim Shipachyov who has been one of the best KHL players of the decade.

If he was a Cancuks prospect people would be calling him the next Pavel Bure on here.

I don’t think people are undervaluing him as a prospect, we can agree that he has the potential to be better than Boeser... but at the same time figure the trade isn’t good.

I think you are underestimating the risk between a prospect who hasn’t stepped on the NHL ice and a guy who has already shown to be an NHL first line player at the same age.

We are not in a position where we want to downgrade now (Boeser for Zucker) for a “possible” upgrade at least 2-3 years from now when you could reasonably expect Kaprisov to be outperforming Boeser.

Unlike others, I don’t think of Boeser as untouchable... just that from the Minny side, Dumba has to be in the return.

Edited by Provost

45 minutes ago, mll said:

Can't imagine the Canucks parting with Boeser, which is probably a good thing because Wild fans are obsessed with Kaprisov and would be so conflicted.  They've waited so long for him.   ESPN recently polled a few KHL players at their All-Star game and they all answered Kaprisov to the question on who will be the next NHL superstar from the KHL.

Owner Leipold in his message to season ticket holders already talks of him as a core player.  He even wrote to him a letter in Russian to let him know how important he is to the franchise.  Guerin already went to visit him - setting that meeting was one of the first things he did after being named GM.  After his trip in early December he told Minnesota media that he will trade a winger out to make room for him next season.

Guerin sounds confident enough that he deserves a top-6 spot.  Does he think he'll be as good as Boeser - that I don't know.

The Penguins are apparently pursuing Zucker aggressively per Friedman and Russo.  Guerin would know their prospects/players.  

Zucker probably has Vancouver on his no trade list per Russo. It does make sense.  His wife and kids are going to stay back so he probably doesn't want to be too far away. There are apparently no direct flights.  

Some pretty impressive stats:

interesting stuff... but means nothing unless he can translate his skill set. How many guys have we seen come over and just poop the bed? How many plugs over here go to the KHL and dominate? Many.

Yes the kid looks promising.... but a career high 30 goals in the KHL doesn't make me want me to pack Brock's suitcase and take him to the airport.

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We get seriously bent over in this trade.  

Not really. Zucker is a Miller clone.

Dumba is the real reason to do this.

Guy is just starting to round into form.

Plays a heavy game, total nose for the net.

Would be an outstanding partner for Quinn on future 1st pairing.

Juolevi is still an unknown. If anything, Minny is getting bent over.

2 minutes ago, xereau said:

Boeser is better than Sucker.

Juiolevi will be better than Dumbo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, xereau said:

I agree other then keeping zucker cause i rather see if Jim can flip him cause I don't think he wants to come to van  So why not flip him to the Preds for forsberg or another top six winger

1 hour ago, xereau said:

So to sum up

We're getting a redundant piece in Zucker

Dumba is recovering from a major injury and only has one decent season under his belt looking like a top 2

Starting to round in to form but 2 major injuries in his career already

Is in no way shape or form guaranteed to continue at that pace set 2 seasons ago

We give up a near pig 1st line RW that we literally don't have at all under decent contract to a team that is his effective hometown

And we're bending them over?  I don't see it that way at all.