The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Wild Trade

I feel like this one won't be too popular with everyone, but I think it's not a bad trade.

Canucks:

Marcus Foligno (2 875 000)

Wild:

Troy Stetcher (2 325 000)

2021 5th

With this deal we add another winger.  Solid 3rd/4th liner, adds toughness to the team.  Hopefully this isn't the worst proposal you've seen on here.

• Like 1

Love the thread title, especially considering that this might be the most mundane proposal I've ever seen on these boards xD

As far as the trade goes, the value seems about right, but we have a bit of a glut of forwards as it is, and we're pretty weak on RD. If we were to move Stetcher, I think I'd rather it be for a straight pick if possible. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

I feel like this one won't be too popular with everyone, but I think it's not a bad trade.

Canucks:

Wild:

2021 5th

With this deal we add another winger.  Solid 3rd/4th liner, adds toughness to the team.  Hopefully this isn't the worst proposal you've seen on here.

I like your proposal, and think it’s really fair.  However, we need Stecher right now more than Faligno.  

• Cheers 1

50 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Love the thread title, especially considering that this might be the most mundane proposal I've ever seen on these boards xD

Thought the title would lure people in, it's not misleading either :bigblush:

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I like your proposal, and think it’s really fair.  However, we need Stecher right now more than Faligno.  

That's a good point.  I like Foligno cause of his grit.  

11 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Let's see if Ferk can return & contribute. 

That's a good point, almost forgot we had him :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

I love both of Folignos...   

I'd do that trade in a heartbeat.  I think it benefits both teams as the Wild get a bit younger and we open up a spot for Rafferty and Tryamkin.  

I like this unlikely trade proposal! 

3 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I'd do that trade in a heartbeat.  I think it benefits both teams as the Wild get a bit younger and we open up a spot for Rafferty and Tryamkin.  

I love the Folignos too.  I am biased though, I grew up watching Marcus Foligno play for the Wolves.

43 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

Thought the title would lure people in, it's not misleading either :bigblush:

That's a good point.  I like Foligno cause of his grit.  

That's a good point, almost forgot we had him :unsure:

The Wild really like Foligno too - one of their most consistent players, great in the room too and a mentor to their young players.  Russo just had an interview with Guerin about his TDL plans - he didn't want to share any names other than Koivu who is UFA. 

Foligno-ErikssonEk-Kunin has been a great line.  Russo writes that if a team approaches them with a no brainer deal than Guerin will at least consider it.    Doesn't sound like they are looking to move him - they'd need to replace him so why bother trading him unless the return is really great.  

Edited by mll

3 hours ago, BoKnows said:

Canucks:

Wild:

2021 5th

We have tons of wingers.  Why, and which wingers do we get rid of? And where would he play?

3 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

As far as the trade goes, the value seems about right, but we have a bit of a glut of forwards as it is, and we're pretty weak on RD. If we were to move Stetcher, I think I'd rather it be for a straight pick if possible. 

Every time I see the word Wild, I think of the old DVDs and cable show of years gone by called Girls Gone Wild.  There's something inherently wrong with that (plus that puts a date stamp on me and reveals that I'm nothing more than a dirty old man...Yikes).

• Cheers 1

If this would get it done, I am all for it. This guy is playoff material.

We do have a glut of forwards, as mentioned. Especially with Eriksson looking like he is doing something now and with Ferland coming back. Still, playoff depth and injury coverage is a must and Schaller can easily sit.

Is Tryamkin available to come back for the end of THIS season? If so, I feel he would be an overall upgrade over Stecher in a playoff environment anyway.

Edited by kloubek

I like Foligno's play also for playoffs but let's see what we have in Ferland before we add more cap in exchange for a cost-controlled RFA.

If this move does happen J.B. better be working hard to make other moves (e.g. I'd want to see Schaller for Holzer from Anaheim, get a right hand D-man with size, physicality and decent mobility, plus both are UFA's and we clear back $1.1 million in cap).  If we're going for the team physicality route then I'd be happy with this pair of moves to start.

Edited by Phil_314

8 hours ago, kloubek said:

If this would get it done, I am all for it. This guy is playoff material.

We do have a glut of forwards, as mentioned. Especially with Eriksson looking like he is doing something now and with Ferland coming back. Still, playoff depth and injury coverage is a must and Schaller can easily sit.

Is Tryamkin available to come back for the end of THIS season? If so, I feel he would be an overall upgrade over Stecher in a playoff environment anyway.

What makes you say that other than he is tall? He was here a few years ago, wasn't very good, and bolted to KHL. Stecher on the other hand is NHL proven, gives it his all every game, and a warrior. If you are just going by if they are tall, they are good for the playoffs, Gudbranson is pretty good too no? Tall, physical, good at fighting, drafted top 3. 

1 hour ago, Drakrami said:

What makes you say that other than he is tall? He was here a few years ago, wasn't very good, and bolted to KHL. Stecher on the other hand is NHL proven, gives it his all every game, and a warrior. If you are just going by if they are tall, they are good for the playoffs, Gudbranson is pretty good too no?

Do I really need to explain what Tryamkin brings to the table and how he could help win a playoff series? Have you not seen him manhandle guys who are typically known to be big, strong guys in the NHL? Even our biggest guys like Myers don't even compare.

Yes he bolted. But I feel he has a greater understanding now of what he is getting into, and hopefully a new mentality and maturity.

I will agree with you about Stecher. I actually like him, but for all the effort he puts in, he just isn't a difference maker.

On 1/23/2020 at 6:00 PM, VancouverHabitant said:

Canucks need D more then another bottom 6 winger.

NO. DEAL.

Edit

Especially with playoffs in sight, if we subtract a d man from the roster it will be because its a package deal to upgrade RHD.

Edited by GhostsOf1994