The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] All Star Weekend - Jan 24/25 2020 - Pettersson, Hughes, and Markstrom edition

Rate this topic

xereau

1 minute ago, peaches5 said:

They could open up just the lower bowl. I don't know why you say there is no real interest? I tuned in to watch their 3 on 3. You have to start somewhere and there is definitely interest. The game won't grow unless some takes a chance.

You’re right about my framing. 

The game is already here and promoted for kids, including girls or whatever they are called today. 

The pro women who started this movement by striking weren't doing it for our daughters, you know that. They wanted money. 

There are women’s games on all the time and all over the place. 

These are the least attended games that I’ve seen. 

Like others have said, my bantam team smoked the best women’s team too and in midget we weren’t allowed to play. Same in soccer. 

If people wanted to either either play or pay to watch girls and women play hockey, a business person would have been all over that venture. It’s not a lack of awareness or exposure IMO, it’s a lack give a puck by consumers. 

Start somewhere, yes, but don’t start by telling us that bad white men or some inequality crap is holding back the whamens. Haha, like I dare one of them to come tell my wife she’s some kind of victim of the man. Even my daughters could tune that argument right up. Inequality, my ass. 

There’s no victim here, just some opportunist women using the political climate to turn a buck. This is my read, anyways. 

• Upvote 1