The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] All Star Weekend - Jan 24/25 2020 - Pettersson, Hughes, and Markstrom edition

Rate this topic

xereau

1 minute ago, Slegr said:

When I watched it, it did feel like they were late in stopping the clock for him.

Conspiracy??

Ya i thouhht the clock kept running for a split second too long.

Considering how easy it was to review something like this, pretty sad they can't get it right. Mcdavid still the fastest in the league in my book

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Is anyone else astounded that a 56-year old MacInnis can still shoot over 100mph with a wooden stick? I literally thought that it was fake. 

Alas, I'm pretty sure it actually was staged. A shame. I'd love to see how hard he can actually shoot.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Alas, I'm pretty sure it actually was staged. A shame. I'd love to see how hard he can actually shoot.

Why do you say that? I wouldn't doubt it. The composite sticks I think they help more because they are lighter it help eases fatigue. The bending and whipping factor I think is minor and not the big deal that manufacturers say it is. I think it helps the average player, but exceptional players I don't think there's much difference between a wooden stick and composite. Then theres the strength of the player and their technique.