The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] All Star Weekend - Jan 24/25 2020 - Pettersson, Hughes, and Markstrom edition

Rate this topic

xereau

3 minutes ago, rekker said:

Not sure why it's a choice of MT over Petey and Hughes. You simply can't just say we would of won more. Its a combo of so many things. My original point is MT would look real good on this team and I'm glad to see another agree. I'm salty over the whiffed pick but I know a good hockey player when I see one. No matter the jersey he wears.

You also can't expect Benning to play MT in his draft year like Calgary either. If OJ turns into a player all will be forgotten anyway though.

• Cheers 3

Just now, rekker said:

Not sure why it's a choice of MT over Petey and Hughes. You simply can't just say we would of won more. Its a combo of so many things. My original point is MT would look real good on this team and I'm glad to see another agree. I'm salty over the whiffed pick but I know a good hockey player when I see one. No matter the jersey he wears.

It is a combo of things but the side who thinks we could of had all three are having to deal with a lot more what ifs than the people who they're arguing with. It's easy to say in hindsight but when you're dealing with more scenarios having to play out for you to be right then the other why argue?

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

This was awful. Normally I am not a debbie downer, but this... ugh. It's only once a year though and it is "good for hockey" apparently so... *deep breath*

Yeah, they need to revamp the entire All-Star — try something new. How about an outdoor All-Star Game going back to East vs. West?

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Yeah, they need to revamp the entire All-Star — try something new. How about an outdoor All-Star Game going back to East vs. West?

I know this All-Star stuff is fir the kids, but I’m glad it’s over so we can get back to real hockey.  

• Upvote 1