The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] All Star Weekend - Jan 24/25 2020 - Pettersson, Hughes, and Markstrom edition

Rate this topic

xereau

33 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

You can't win them all. No team can draft perfect in hindsight.

Bruins drafted Pasternak late in 2014 but could of had Barzal and Boeser in 2015. Probably would of won the cup last year if they did. That one is a lot worse than Juolevi because the Bruins already had Pasternak and only could've gotten off better.

All that said you really can't complain with how things turned out, especially with Petey and Hughes and always coming up short in the lottery. Missing out on Tkachuk might of been the best thing to happen. I personally would love Tkachuk on this team but I would never have him over Petey and Hughes ever.

connor

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

It is a combo of things but the side who thinks we could of had all three are having to deal with a lot more what ifs than the people who they're arguing with. It's easy to say in hindsight but when you're dealing with more scenarios having to play out for you to be right then the other why argue?

Fair enough, shoulda, woulda, coulda. You can drive yourself nuts thinking hindsite. Just wish we had another forward of MT's ilk in our top six. Also, the pain would be easier to take if OJ was a player, or closer to an NHL player at this point.

Just now, rekker said:

Fair enough, shoulda, woulda, coulda. You can drive yourself nuts thinking hindsite. Just wish we had another forward of MT's ilk in our top six. Also, the pain would be easier to take if OJ was a player, or closer to an NHL player at this point.

Yeah I feel you. It is a bit much to think about and in the end it is a meaningless argument.

We likely won't see Juolevi for another year or two. Injuries he has had haven't helped him or us watching him. Everyone in the organization is confident in his abilities being able to translate. A lot of Utica fans feel he is one of their best playmakers back there. We kind of need him to pull through. Edler is not getting any younger. If he became a solid top 4 D for us it would be pretty huge even if Tkachuk is the better player.

Hopefully Pod can bring some of those elements we're lacking and/or Jake can add a bit more bite to his game. For now lets hope Ferland can get healthy because we really miss his physicality.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, YummyCakeFace said:

What garbage questioning by Amber to Connor. What’s he supposed to say?  Ya I’m the best. Look at me.                                            NHL media is horrendously poor. Constantly putting players in no win situations trying to stir any questionable response 

NHL media is pretty bad... but even worse when its specifically Sportsnet.

11 hours ago, Devron44 said:

Any big saves?

Didn't watch any of it. Judging by the stats, Hertl should have won MVP. 

Saw the Hughes goal. What a beauty on Wienerton too

Andersen had some great saves while Rittich was quietly efficient for an all-star game.  I didn't see any of the first game, but my pick for MVP would've been Hertl.  Although Tkachuk and Rittich were good too.

Edited by Wilbur
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HockeyHarry said:

Hrudey...such a flamers homer.

Bieksa at lest admits being a Canuck homer.

Marky being interviewed about his suit then out of nowhere he asks a Rittich question fishing for compliments. lol

at least we have Gretzky being a Canucks homer tonight. :emot-parrot:

• Cheers 2

My thoughts:

- Nice job by our Canuck boys.

- Women's game yesterday was entertaining

- Harder played game than most Allstar games I've watched. Was almost like a real game out there

- People won't be pleased about Green Day F-bombs making it through

- The electronic overlays were BRUTAL. I don't need to see simultaneous speed metrics, large name/number/team boxes dancing all over and covering up the stickwork, and I absolutely do not need or want those black (today changed to grey) streaks showing me where the puck/player was a two seconds ago. 25 years extra technology available, and I would sooner watch the way Fox used to do it. And that's saying something, because that was horrible.

• Upvote 3