Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] All Star Weekend - Jan 24/25 2020 - Pettersson, Hughes, and Markstrom edition

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Where are we going to find $5.625 million in cap space? You are also talking about a player from a division rival. 

You are probably looking at Brock and Bo and a 1st. Remember SJ is rebuilding, they aren't going to give away one of the few good assets they have under age 27.

Bo, Brock, AND A 1st?!?!?!

 

Idk if I trade Bo or Brock straight up for Hertl tbh

 

Try a 1st, Baertschi, and Stecher. 2 young players and a 1st to a rebuilding team for Hertl would be fair for them.  Then they could unload their vets for more picks and tank the season and hope to hit the lottery. Not saying my proposal is good enough but thatd be my initial offer if I'm JB and we could work from there

Edited by Brock Botanen
Link to post
Share on other sites

Tkachuk could have had 4 more goals if he would have stopped trying to always be fancy with that behind/through the legs crap...just shoot the puck normally already

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Tkatpuke looked good because of Petey and Hughes feeding him opportunities. We already have the 2/3 best pieces of that trio :P

yeah, and hoping OJ meets expectation.....cause, we possibly could have all three. Tkachuk drove play on that line, but Hughes setup MT on several occassions with his slick playmaking ability.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This won't be a popular opinion, but I thought Tkachuk deserved the MVP.

 

Pasta was great, but his team lost. I'm thinking some of the voters considered personality.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

This won't be a popular opinion, but I thought Tkachuk deserved the MVP.

 

Pasta was great, but his team lost. I'm thinking some of the voters considered personality.....

How is it the top point scorer on the winning team doesn’t even get a mention for MVP. Not to mention that he plays defence. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

This won't be a popular opinion, but I thought Tkachuk deserved the MVP.

 

Pasta was great, but his team lost. I'm thinking some of the voters considered personality.....

I have to agree.  I didn't watch the game(s) until just now.  What a player. Tough guy sure, but soft soft hands.  I will be hating on him in a GDT, but dang it hurts extra when you know we could have had him here, being hated by all the other teams.....especially the Flamers.  It is what it is.  And with the butterfly effect, who knows if we'd have Hughes and/or Pettersson too. The cards would have fallen differently. But then again, maybe not. One rookie in the line up, even if it is a Tkachuk, may not have made enough of a difference in our standings. It only sucks because Mathew is the exact type of player we are missing. Big and skilled and a bit of an a-hole.  I'm sure management thought Jake would be our "Tkuchuk",  but it hasn't worked out. That's what you get for picking for position instead of the BPA.

 

Also its kind of too bad the Canucks passed on Tyler Bertuzzi.  Would have been great to have Todd's nephew put on the Canucks colours.

  • Burr 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kilgore said:

I have to agree.  I didn't watch the game(s) until just now.  What a player. Tough guy sure, but soft soft hands.  I will be hating on him in a GDT, but dang it hurts extra when you know we could have had him here, being hated by all the other teams.....especially the Flamers.  It is what it is.  And with the butterfly effect, who knows if we'd have Hughes and/or Pettersson too. The cards would have fallen differently. But then again, maybe not. One rookie in the line up, even if it is a Tkachuk, may not have made enough of a difference in our standings. It only sucks because Mathew is the exact type of player we are missing. Big and skilled and a bit of an a-hole.  I'm sure management thought Jake would be our "Tkuchuk",  but it hasn't worked out. That's what you get for picking for position instead of the BPA.

 

Also its kind of too bad the Canucks passed on Tyler Bertuzzi.  Would have been great to have Todd's nephew put on the Canucks colours.

Good points.

 

I actually get a chuckle out of the people who say things like "I'm glad that guy doesn't play for us", etc...

 

We all cheered for Burrows and Cooke for years. If Tkachuk were a Canuck, we'd love him.

  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brock Botanen said:

Bo, Brock, AND A 1st?!?!?!

 

Idk if I trade Bo or Brock straight up for Hertl tbh

 

Try a 1st, Baertschi, and Stecher. 2 young players and a 1st to a rebuilding team for Hertl would be fair for them.  Then they could unload their vets for more picks and tank the season and hope to hit the lottery. Not saying my proposal is good enough but thatd be my initial offer if I'm JB and we could work from there

 

SJS is not rebuilding.  Friedman and LeBrun report that the Sharks fully believe that they will rebound next season and that their core players are not available.  Friedman explained that they see this season as similar to 2014/15 where they missed the playoffs, kept their core and went to the finals the following season.


There's no selling of key players coming - Hertl is a core player.  Majority owner Plattner just made a reference to 2014/15 while giving a vote of confidence to GM Wilson.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Possibly remember Vancouver dropped 2 or 3 spots I think. Maybe Vancouver doesn't dropped if the placed 7th lowest?

Way too scenarios have to play out that need to be picture perfect in order for us to have all 3.  I would love all 3 but it is more fantasy than fiction.  Even changing one thing ever so slightly could create huge effects. A butterfly effect. 

 

You can’t be certain because all signs point to uncertainty and the likelihood that we could of been a lot worse off for it. 
 

In the end you’d be gambling Petey and Hughes for it and the odds would be stacked against you to lose more than what you’ve already attained. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

This won't be a popular opinion, but I thought Tkachuk deserved the MVP.

 

Pasta was great, but his team lost. I'm thinking some of the voters considered personality.....

I will one up you on unpopular.

It should go to David Rittich for letting in only two goals!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shift-4 said:

I will one up you on unpopular.

It should go to David Rittich for letting in only two goals!

Point.

 

Still, I'm not sure about the "one up". I'm pretty sure every fan outside of Calgary would prefer to see Big save Dave win over Walt's demon spawn....^_^

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...