The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Irish? soccer fan discovers Ellias Pettersson

Rate this topic

This guy has been putting out reaction videos on YouTube. About his first impressions about NHL Hockey. Mostly from highlights. This time he did one featuring Petey and the Canooks. He's a little annoying, but at the very least, its a video walk-through of Petey's goals.

Edited by kilgore

4 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I honestly hate these videos. It's just fans of one sports sucking up to fans other sports and telling them how great their favourite sport is for views. So disingenuous.

That's youtube in a nutshell. If it floats some peoples boats kuddos to them.

The people making these popular videos are the smart ones. 

9 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I honestly hate these videos. It's just fans of one sports sucking up to fans other sports and telling them how great their favourite sport is for views. So disingenuous.

You may be right. But if you look at his other ones, he does seem to honestly react to his first impressions of ...hits, goals, fights, etc... in the NHL.   I think what convinced me was the one video from not long ago where he goes to his very first hockey game with his girlfriend.  That showed me he really was interested in hockey, to sit through a live game, and really learning to love it.  I enjoy the idea of seeing someone from a whole other sports culture see the beauty of our game.  Even if some is a bit over the top for the camera.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kilgore said:

You may be right. But if you look at his other ones, he does seem to honestly react to his first impressions of ...hits, goals, fights, etc... in the NHL.   I think what convinced me was the one video from not long ago where he goes to his very first hockey game with his girlfriend.  That showed me he really was interested in hockey, to sit through a live game, and really learning to love it.  I enjoy the idea of seeing someone from a whole other sports culture see the beauty of our game.  Even if some is a bit over the top for the camera.

Agreed. I find a lot of his videos enjoyable.

• Cheers 1

15 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

That's youtube in a nutshell. If it floats some peoples boats kuddos to them.

The people making these popular videos are the smart ones. 

I agree. 

If you can find a way to make some sort of income or following by literally sitting down and reacting to other videos.... they're doing something right

Edited by PetterssonOrPeterson

1 minute ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

I agree. 

If you can find a way to make some sort of income or following by literally sitting down and reacting to other videos.... much respect.

They're winning at life.

They are also having fun at it too. They get to entertain people. See how they look forward, get a lot of positive feedback and responses to their videos. Most of the time it's not all they do. 

Content creators have awesome jobs if they are successful.

• Cheers 1