The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Blues at Canucks - Getting Back To Business Edition - Jan.27th, 2020 @ 7pm, Sportsnet Pacific

Rate this topic

Roger Neilsons Towel

2 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

how do you propose magically getting rid of sutter and his 4.3mil contract + 1 more year? he's always injured.. and doesn't produce much.. he's almost even harder than loui to get rid of lol..

Easy - trade him. You obviously don't understand player contracts and value.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, rychicken said:

Okay, I'll play

What would another GM be willing to trade us for Sutter?

Well first off he's a center who can play shutdown D, he's great on face-offs and an accomplished PK'er. More importantly he's got only one year left so he's a one year gap for a team that needs one with zero ED ramifications. 

I think a team in the bottom of the standings like Detroit that could use a multi purpose player as a stop gap would offer up a lower pick (4th or 5th), or more likely a project player that JB has had had his eye on. Someone like a Bailey, or a Karlsson (a bit lofty). Basically a regular NHL'er for a good AHL / long range NHL player.

The thing about Sutter is he gets a lot of bad Stigma for being part of the Kesler deal but he's a decently defensive role player. It hasn't exactly been rosy in Van but he has value as a hockey player. On top of this a team could always flip him for a pick at the deadline.

• Cheers 1

59 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Well first off he's a center who can play shutdown D, he's great on face-offs and an accomplished PK'er. More importantly he's got only one year left so he's a one year gap for a team that needs one with zero ED ramifications. 

I think a team in the bottom of the standings like Detroit that could use a multi purpose player as a stop gap would offer up a lower pick (4th or 5th), or more likely a project player that JB has had had his eye on. Someone like a Bailey, or a Karlsson (a bit lofty). Basically a regular NHL'er for a good AHL / long range NHL player.

The thing about Sutter is he gets a lot of bad Stigma for being part of the Kesler deal but he's a decently defensive role player. It hasn't exactly been rosy in Van but he has value as a hockey player. On top of this a team could always flip him for a pick at the deadline.

Madison Bowey. Plays the right side. Project player. 1 for 1 deal. Get it done JB

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, skategal said:

Great job on the GDT RNT!  On mobile no less!  I admire your skill!  Only way I could do something like that is with paper, scissors, a bulletin board and then a camera.  It certainly wouldn't look good.  

Haha thanks! I was worried it was crap because of how good the GDTs usually are.

We have a talented group of individuals that usually make the GDTs. Props to them!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1