The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Kobe Bryant Passes Away at 41

BoKnows

RIP to Kobe and Gigi. 

I've just been sitting in my bed remembering all the great moments. Remembering his relationship with his family (particularly his kids). Remembering how he took young players under his wing. Remembering his fade aways. Remembering the look he would give when he was about to take you to the hole. Above all else though, his very sly smile.

His shoes were the first ball shoes I ever owned. He jersey was the first ball jersey I ever owned. 

Kobe and AI were those first 2 guys I looked up to in basketball. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Death is tragic, of course.  However Kobe was not a nice person, who did some pretty bad stuff - especially to women.  His little girl, and the other kids traveling to their basketball game is very sad indeed.  

This is off base Alf. Adultery is a bad thing but by all accounts he and his wife were able to fix their marriage. As far as the sexual assault case, I am always weary in those situations as I have seen lives ruined by false accusations. I am not calling it that, but refusing to testify seems shady to me.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Death is tragic, of course.  However Kobe was not a nice person, who did some pretty bad stuff - especially to women.  His little girl, and the other kids traveling to their basketball game is very sad indeed.  

What a dumb comment. Are you hoping to teach people a lesson here? How about you take your soapbox and (expletive deleted) off. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

31 minutes ago, Alflives said:

No one is perfect.

Pretty insensitive to post such a comment at this time.   When someone dies,  you don't point out that person's flaws.  

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 2

40 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I don't think you know enough about Kobe if you think that he wasn't a good person. 

You're letting an untestified, unconfirmed incident shade your perception of someone who has given back and contributed to society not only as an athlete, but even moreso as a person more than almost anyone in the sports world has ever.

49 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Garbage post

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2