The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Vancouver-Toronto

23 hours ago, dough teeth said:

It looks like Markstrom is an all-star goaltender in his prime which makes Demko redundant as he seems like he will be a starter in 1-2 years time. With Dipietro in the minors, we will be able to sell off Demko. 

After Freddy Anderson, Toronto has Hutchinson at #2 and a bum at #2. Hutchinson I don't believe is a good backup so if Anderson goes down, the Leafs will be screwed. Demko is good enough to take over for Anderson if they choose to go that route. 

To Vancouver

Michael Hutchinson 

Alex Kerfoot 

To Toronto 

Thatcher Demko

Tim Schaller 

I feel Demko is more valuable than that, but I probably overvalue our guys a bit. Maybe something like:

To Vancouver:

Alex Kerfoot

Andreas Johnsson

To Toronto:

Thatcher Demko

Loui Eriksson

.... if the salaries check out.

17 hours ago, Borvat said:

The value Kapanen has is he can play top six, PK, PP, great skater and has a decent cap hit for two more years.  Don't want to trade Demko, but Kapanen intrigues me.  I really like his game.  Would look really good on Bo's or Petey's RW.  

Except that these wingers are signed for next year ..

Miller Boeser Pearson Ferland Roussel eriksson Baertschi 

With JV a RFA at seasons end

Sprinkle in Madden/Podkolzin/Hoglander potentially joining the team for 20/21 season.

5 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Sprinkle in Madden/Podkolzin/Hoglander potentially joining the team for 20/21 season.

Podkolzin won’t be in Vancouver for 20/21. His KHL contract runs through the 20/21 season. 

1 minute ago, qwijibo said:

Podkolzin won’t be in Vancouver for 20/21. His KHL contract runs through the 20/21 season. 

Interview with brian burke on sportsnet he says its not impossible for vasily to join the Canucks for next season just that it is very hard as the team the owns his rights is very difficult to negotiate with, 50/50.

4 hours ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Miller - LW

Pearson - LW

Ferland - LW

Roussel - LW

Boeser - RW

Kapanen - RW

Virtanen - RW

Eriksson - RW

Baertschi will not be playing for the Canucks as I am pretty sure they will do whatever they can to find him a home.  I can only dream they can move Loui but maybe his play this season will help with that.

Madden / Podkolzin / Hoglander are long shots for next year.  A year in the AHL would not be a bad thing.  If they earn a spot trade one of the above.  In any event my point was not that we should go and get Kapanen.  It was based on the discussion of Demko going to the Leafs - who I don't think is a good trading partner unless they want to trade Rielly.

7 hours ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Interview with brian burke on sportsnet he says its not impossible for vasily to join the Canucks for next season just that it is very hard as the team the owns his rights is very difficult to negotiate with, 50/50.

It's probably lower than 50/50 since I don't see Vancouver rushing to get him here. After next season we'll have a plethora of roster spots with lots of names coming off the books. It makes more sense roster wise and development wise to just let him simmer in the KHL next season as well.

3 hours ago, Borvat said:

Miller - LW

Pearson - LW

Ferland - LW

Roussel - LW

Boeser - RW

Kapanen - RW

Virtanen - RW

Eriksson - RW

Baertschi will not be playing for the Canucks as I am pretty sure they will do whatever they can to find him a home.  I can only dream they can move Loui but maybe his play this season will help with that.

Madden / Podkolzin / Hoglander are long shots for next year.  A year in the AHL would not be a bad thing.  If they earn a spot trade one of the above.  In any event my point was not that we should go and get Kapanen.  It was based on the discussion of Demko going to the Leafs - who I don't think is a good trading partner unless they want to trade Rielly.

Demko for kapanen wont happen.

Toronto needs cheap forwards that can play with the big 4.

Until toronto moves one of those big 4 contracts they will continue to struggle.

Their goalie depth sucks.

Their d depth sucks and ceci barrie and muzzin are all ufa at seasons end.

Their forward depth sucks.

Toronto wants demko? Canucks want Sandin.

Edit*

I've said it before that dipietro is the one to dangle to toronto.

Edited by GhostsOf1994
Deipietro

On 1/27/2020 at 11:10 AM, IBatch said:

Ive been saying for a while now - that a long term contract with JM almost certainly means Demkos days are numbered

Ya, no need for two goalies who can play in the NHL.    Silly concept.    Best to proceed with one and look to discard your own developed top draft pick netminder.   What a silly concept that would be.   

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Ya, no need for two goalies who can play in the NHL.    Silly concept.    Best to proceed with one and look to discard your own developed top draft pick netminder.   What a silly concept that would be.   

Clearly it’s way better to pay one guy 10 million (instead of a lot less for two really good guys) and play the crap out of him.  Just look how well that’s working in Montreal.  

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Demko for kapanen wont happen.

Toronto needs cheap forwards that can play with the big 4.

Until toronto moves one of those big 4 contracts they will continue to struggle.

Their goalie depth sucks.

Their d depth sucks and ceci barrie and muzzin are all ufa at seasons end.

Their forward depth sucks.

Toronto wants demko? Canucks want Sandin.

Edit*

I've said it before that dipietro is the one to dangle to toronto.

Never said it would happen.  I've said it before. I don't want to trade Demko to the Leaf's it's not a good fit. 

So their D depth sucks and you think they cough up Sandin with all the UFA's and no D signed for next year with cap issues? 

EDIT* Sandin won't happen.  

Edited by Borvat

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Clearly it’s way better to pay one guy 10 million (instead of a lot less for two really good guys) and play the crap out of him.  Just look how well that’s working in Montreal.  

I always believed they should rotate the forwards in net so they get to see what it's like.  My next idea was a sumo wrestler.  Push him out there at the start of the period, help him into the butterfly then retrieve him at the end of the period.  Rinse - Repeat. 82 shutouts in a row.  

Meet - Nono Oreegoaltow

Image result for sumo wrestler pictures

Edited by Borvat
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Borvat said:

Never said it would happen.  I've said it before. I don't want to trade Demko to the Leaf's it's not a good fit. 

So their D depth sucks and you think they cough up Sandin with all the UFA's and no D signed for next year with cap issues? 

EDIT* Sandin won't happen.  

Thats why i said it, that's about as logical as the laffs asking for demko, duhh!

Because y'know goaltending is soooooooo deep for vancouver, right?

And tahrantah has such solid d depth, right?

Canucks have just as much of a cap issue for next year as tahrantah does.

37 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Thats why i said it, that's about as logical as the laffs asking for demko, duhh!

Because y'know goaltending is soooooooo deep for vancouver, right?

And tahrantah has such solid d depth, right?

Canucks have just as much of a cap issue for next year as tahrantah does.

That's why I said it.  It was a hypothetical.  Not a suggestion of fact or my idea to trade Demko to Toronto.  Like I said not a good fit or trading partner.  Not sure what your point is in hijacking my original comment "that was hypothetical based on an idea I didn't really agree with or like" 

Edited by Borvat