The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Sharks - Jan 29 2020 - 7:30PM Pacific - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

Am I the only one seeing Green’s plan behind moving Boeser to the 3rd? To me it all makes sense. The coach is satisfied with his offensive skills, but sees defensive work is needed to become a more complete 200 foot player. So he decides to switch Brock and Jake from the 1st line to the 3rd. This allows Green to take a closer offensive play-driving game look at Virtanen who has earned his shot to see if he can be that play driving top line power forward we hoped to get. Brock at the same time then gets to work on his overall game with two less defensive minded line mates.

It is setting him up nicely if all goes well to fit on the line with the 2 other defense/offense 2 way players in Bo and Pearson, replacing Eriksson.

And even while tinkering with the lines the team keeps winning. A great result a lot of other teams wish they had.

• Cheers 2

19 minutes ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

Am I the only one seeing Green’s plan behind moving Boeser to the 3rd? To me it all makes sense. The coach is satisfied with his offensive skills, but sees defensive work is needed to become a more complete 200 foot player. So he decides to switch Brock and Jake from the 1st line to the 3rd. This allows Green to take a closer offensive play-driving game look at Virtanen who has earned his shot to see if he can be that play driving top line power forward we hoped to get. Brock at the same time then gets to work on his overall game with two less defensive minded line mates.

It is setting him up nicely if all goes well to fit on the line with the 2 other defense/offense 2 way players in Bo and Pearson, replacing Eriksson.

And even while tinkering with the lines the team keeps winning. A great result a lot of other teams wish they had.

Considering a lot of us have made the same points, I’m going to say No, you aren’t the only one. In fact I’d say the majority understand the move for the same reasons. I have only seen a handful of people on CDC criticize the move. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Time comes for us all. I suspect my time lapse from 18 to 35 wouldn’t be very flattering either. :lol:

Side note: I never realized him much young Joe looked like Don Taylor lol

And how much older Joe looks like Gandalf the Grey's older cousin, Stan the Eternally Sleazy.