The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Sharks - Jan 29 2020 - 7:30PM Pacific - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

16 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Benning recently commented that Ferland is close to returning and that his latest injury is not concussion related?

Benning said he was supposed to return after all star break, someone can correct me if I’m wrong.

Thought it was due to concussion issues again. They should just shut him down for the season either way imo.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Benning said he was supposed to return after all star break, someone can correct me if I’m wrong.

Thought it was due to concussion issues again. They should just shut him down for the season either way imo.

As much I have concern for the health and well being of all players, I’m simply not a fan of these types of statements given we know zero about the situation. These guys are competitive professional athletes that want to play, and are in the hands of doctors that have knowledge that are not going to risk their professional reputation to green light someone to play. If anything they are more conservative, putting health FAR before the team’s player composition. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, zapperman said:

As much I have concern for the health and well being of all players, I’m simply not a fan of these types of statements given we know zero about the situation. These guys are competitive professional athletes that want to play, and are in the hands of doctors that have knowledge that are not going to risk their professional reputation to green light someone to play. If anything they are more conservative, putting health FAR before the team’s player composition. 

Why the secrecy around the “injury”?  

I thought Ferland was supposed to return around this time as well. If it's not concussion related, then what coud it be? Not sure it's a substance abuse thing, as Ferland seems to have gotten over that stuff, now married with children. Maybe it's some sort of depression? New home, new team, new baby, new everything - and everyone expects him to be this super tough as nails guy who can beat anyone up. That could be a lot of pressure, for someone with a concusson history. 

Well,  whatever it is, I hope he's okay. Ferland would be a huge boost for the Canucks down the stretch and into playoffs. They'll need his truculence.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zapperman said:

True, but Ferland looks like he's done tbh. Concussion are no joke. Tmes are changing, just look at some of these football players retiring early due to injuries.

I really want to see Ferland back as well, time will tell...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, J-23 said:

True, but Ferland looks like he's done tbh. Concussion are no joke. Tmes are changing, just look at some of these football players retiring early due to injuries.

I really want to see Ferland back as well, time will tell...

Don't put the cart before the horse young feller. 

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Who knows. Could also ask why the incessant fans/ media’s need to know. Could be as simple as privacy, which he is entitled to, or could be they know if they say one thing, the media will jump on it and ask 1000 more things. Taking away from what the real focus should be. I dunno, I trust the team and the doctors. And respect the privacy if that’s the choice. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, zapperman said:

Who knows. Could also ask why the incessant fans/ media’s need to know. Could be as simple as privacy, which he is entitled to, or could be they know if they say one thing, the media will jump on it and ask 1000 more things. Taking away from what the real focus should be. I dunno, I trust the team and the doctors. And respect the privacy if that’s the choice. 

This is nothing new with Ferland. If you speak to Flames and Canes fans they had issues with Ferland and his injuries as well.

30 minutes ago, Alflives said:

So other teams don't know? Reminds me of all the Dems clamouring for Trump to release the info on how they knew about Solemani

"Here opposing teams, here's where to target our impact player"

• Cheers 1