The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Eriksson + Madden to NJD

5 hours ago, AriGold2.0 said:

On July 1st the Canucks owe Loui a 3M signing bonus. Then it's only 1M salary for the season and a 1M SB the following year with a 3M salary. Cap hit of 6M with 2.5M actual money per season for the final 2 years.

It's no secret John Madden (Tylers father) is Devils royalty. 9 seasons with the Devils, 711 games and 296 points.

To NJD: Tyler Madden + 2021 2nd round pick + Loui Eriksson

To VAN: Nikita Gusev

Gusev is all salary no SB so Devils don't have to pay him anything. He has 1 year left on his contract and will be a free agent when the Canucks have to sign Petey and Quinn.

Am I crazy ?

Would prefer this trade for either a pick(s) or one of NJ's D prospects as they have some nice ones.   Not getting Smith from them but Walsh or Misyul may be possible.   They are doing Vancouver CAP space favour so asking them to lose a roster player isn't ideal AND Vancouver is fine without Gusev from within.   Lind, although one of my projected potential loses to Expansion Draft, is an example of a player I feel is as good as Gusev is going to be.

1 hour ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Bahaha, a month ago I proposed Hoglander + camp dump for deadline help and got torched for it. I'm glad to see people are coming around to moving a prospect for some cap relief. If we're adding a pick, might as well package Baer in there too. 

Hoglander > Madden

So, you should still get torched for that.  :)

... and this is coming from a person who has been leading the “trade futures to help our cap issues” for several months.

I would literally trade any prospect, or package of prospects other than Hoglander and Podkolzin.  They are higher end and fit the timeline when we are going to need to replace expensive veterans for cheap ELCs in the top 6.

Edited by Provost

4 hours ago, Provost said:

Hoglander > Madden

So, you should still get torched for that.  :)

... and this is coming from a person who has been leading the “trade futures to help our cap issues” for several months.

I would literally trade any prospect, or package of prospects other than Hoglander and Podkolzin.  They are higher end and fit the timeline when we are going to need to replace expensive veterans for cheap ELCs in the top 6.

100% this..

I wouldn't trade those 2 either. The rest can be traded as far as I'm concerned.