The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Brock Boeser for Timo Meier?

lol lots of people want Boeser out by the looks of it. I kind of get it though, his value is pretty high and will probably only get higher. The Canucks could probably pick up a nice D player for Brock. With the offense here and in the system (Pettersson, Horvat, Miller, Virtanen, Lind, Hoglander, Podkolzin, Madden, Focht, etc.), it's not a must that Boeser be a part of the future core. But saying all that, I have doubts that Benning will trade this guy. He's got a good contract, great character and his team mates love him.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

oof. Yeah OK. 

No, its Boeser learning new skills Boeser. This trade idea is tough to watch, for a few reasons. 

Oh i get it now, you're from Seattle and trying to make us suck before you're team is even named. 

I know there can be no possibility for criticism.  But can you honestly say he is the same player from first season?  Have you seen one dynamic play from him this last two seasons?  Its not talent related.  Ever since Petey arrived he just a shell of himself.  Based off his first season, he had real potential to be a 50 goal guy.  I think he still does, but there is something going on his head.  He isn't taking any initiative.  There is no aggression in his game.  It is all just passive stuff.  I mean he is supposed to be the best shooter this team has ever had since outside of maybe Naslund.  All I see on the powerplay is Petey, Hughes and Miller slapping one timers all day.  I mean the coach dropped him down low on the PP because he kept on passing up shots.  Again, its all just heartbreaking stuff.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Darius said:

He is 22 years old.  Players develop.   JT was horribly inconsistent at his age, look at him now.

There is also the personal aspect to all of this that some seem to be ignoring.  These players are not robots, they go through rough patches on and off the ice.   Its unfair to reduce everything into numbers and cold hard spreadsheets.   He has done nothing but produce for us since the day he stepped on the ice, he seems a little off  now and the trade scenarios come out.  Talk about cutting the throat.

Look at Horvat at 22 years old.  Recall the dry spells  Recall the horrible plus minus and the schoolings from the other teams when big brother Sutter wasnt around.  Should we have traded him too?

Not saying that you dont trade him if something spectacular isnt offered but this knee jerk reaction stuff is quite concerning.

This isn't about numbers.  His numbers are fine.  Its his movement on the ice.  Its his passing up shots.  Its his not taking on defenders.  Its his general aloofness on the ice.  Something is wrong...

The only trade I make for Boeser is for a young top 4 D under club control.

Boeser+ for Dumba is absolutely a deal I would do.

We need to balance our organizational depth going forward.  We don’t have a lot of top 4 D prospects, and we have a fairly solid pipeline of forwards coming up in the next few years.

If Virtanen’s performance isn’t a mirage, then it is easier to consider moving Boeser for an upgrade somewhere else.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Provost said:

We need to balance our organizational depth going forward.  We don’t have a lot of top 4 D prospects, and we have a fairly solid pipeline of forwards coming up in the next few years.

If Virtanen’s performance isn’t a mirage, then it is easier to consider moving Boeser for an upgrade somewhere else.

Dumba ain’t good enough.  An NHL exec when asked about this trade very trade said no way would the Canucks trade Bess for ?Dumba.  

1 minute ago, Provost said:

now this one I like too.  I like it especially because I think Brock would light it up in Minnesota.  He would be the man on that team and for that entire state.  He would realize his true potential.  Dumba is fantastic player, so it is win-win.  I wouldn't want Brock to get the short end of the stick.  He is a great human.

Just now, CaptainLinden16 said:

This isn't about numbers.  His numbers are fine.  Its his movement on the ice.  Its his passing up shots.  Its his not taking on defenders.  Its his general aloofness on the ice.  Something is wrong...

so you just give up on him?

practically every star in this organizations history have gone through inconsistencies at similar ages.  Do you remember what the Sedins and Kesler were like?  Not everyone is EP or QH.where they look like stars every game ..those guys are rare...

Look at JV, he looked lost up until about late November.

2 minutes ago, Provost said:

Psst...you got it wrong.

It should be Boeser for Dumba +

::D

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Darius said:

practically every star in this organizations history have gone through inconsistencies at similar ages.  Do you remember what the Sedins and Kesler were like?  Not everyone is EP or QH.where they look like stars every game ..those guys are rare...

what do you mean give up?  The whole idea would be to get full value for a 22 year old with great numbers.  Its not like the proposal is trade Boeser for future considerations.  That is giving up...

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Darius said:

Also JV looked lost because he is still learning how to hockey.  Boeser is like a Rembrandt of Hockey.  The guy has just lost his muse.  He is entirely uninspired.  Its not about inconsistency its about will and desire.

20 minutes ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

I know there can be no possibility for criticism.  But can you honestly say he is the same player from first season?  Have you seen one dynamic play from him this last two seasons?  Its not talent related.  Ever since Petey arrived he just a shell of himself.  Based off his first season, he had real potential to be a 50 goal guy.  I think he still does, but there is something going on his head.  He isn't taking any initiative.  There is no aggression in his game.  It is all just passive stuff.  I mean he is supposed to be the best shooter this team has ever had since outside of maybe Naslund.  All I see on the powerplay is Petey, Hughes and Miller slapping one timers all day.  I mean the coach dropped him down low on the PP because he kept on passing up shots.  Again, its all just heartbreaking stuff.

Oh dear lord, let me get u a tissue. Drama queen

19 minutes ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

Nothing is wrong, you're just insane.

6 minutes ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

Also JV looked lost because he is still learning how to hockey.  Boeser is like a Rembrandt of Hockey.  The guy has just lost his muse.  He is entirely uninspired.  Its not about inconsistency its about will and desire.

Thats your personal assessment.   Funny reading armchair comments about pro level players will and desire though.   And on a side note it really is impossible that the dire condition of his father has affected his play on the ice...

Carry on with the trade proposals.    Cant wait to see what happens if/when QH goes into a 3 week slump or something....we can get good value for him too i bet....