The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at San Jose Sharks | Jan. 29, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, DarkGhost said:

I love how you made Bo the biggest guy lol.  :lol: Good to see such respect for the captain! 

i think Pears is the bigggest guy but its hard to tell with the net placement

net should have been lower

That save by Markstrom has got to be my favourite of his I've seen, and one of the best I've seen, saves like that at that point in a game are as big as it gets in the regular season.

Canucks played bad early, but man when they scored, they were all nice goals. And it's crazy, even while being outshot, they were getting prime scoring chances, and Petey could grabbed a handful.

That hit on Motte, hits like that are the kinds of things I hate the most to see. Just plays where someone takes advantage of the league's lax attitude on those kind of hits to ruin a player. I don't expect the league to do anything on it, but those kind of plays are garbage that shouldn't be in a league where you can't beat the hell out of the guy without the risk of lengthy suspensions. Anyway, really hope Motte's going to be able to get on the road to recovery and it's not a worst case scenario.

Also, Boeser got a point, so maybe we can relax a bit about him, just let things play out?

Keep the good times rolling!

• Like 1

Those empty net points are  just rewards for Horvat, Pearson and Loui. Those are the vital parts of the game and those boys, for the most part, always work em.  Don’t see too many of those deflating extra attacker goals sending us to overtime anymore.

Edited by Haydnucks
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

This team does one thing that that we never used to do well and it would drive me crazy they get to the front of the net and create a $&!# Storm in front of goalies. Really helps the d rack up points from the back end and gets us some ugly wins when we need them.

1 hour ago, 1-d said:

I can't stop LOL somebody put this on twitter or Nucks subreddit please

I tried. It was removed for being NSFW, despite tagging it as such. 

Can't believe CDC allows it but the subreddit doesn't. Usually, it's the other way around.

3 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

Marky 2 goals against SJS

Demko 1 goal Against STL

Demko 1 Marky 0

Demko should really get 10pts  STL way better then SJS

But you know got to give Marky a fighting chance he is older you know

I'm just kidding around don't take it to serious 

Well, I am not even going to try to match James B's great briefing...……..so well done!

But a couple of things, I took away from the game...…..

#1.    We have trouble with big forwards in our own end. But we tired them out by the third. Thank goodness!

#2.    Eriksson gets a lot of empty netters and empty net assists, because he is put out in the last minute...its subtle, but give that some thought

#3.    Virtanen is just finding different ways to make statements every game.

#4.    Someone mentioned Ferland earlier in the PGT, we can hope, but for some reason that reminded me of all the young kids coming up behind this team

How can you not dream about the days to come!

• Cheers 2

What a big win. Beagle coming back and being crucial in the Sutter goal was huge. 

Jake with his biggest goal to date? 

Marky... Wow 

I just hope Motter is ok and it's nothing serious. Karlsson really didn't have to rub his face out against the boards. 

Doubt we see any revenge but hope Erik gets his karma. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ShawnAntoski said:

You should see him now.  Joking aside, he was a good complementary player (perhaps a better Roussell).

Perhaps? Dude had six 20-goal seasons, even hit 30 one year.

Also, he was a center. He was closer to Horvat than Roussel.

23 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Well, I am not even going to try to match James B's great briefing...……..so well done!

But a couple of things, I took away from the game...…..

#1.    We have trouble with big forwards in our own end. But we tired them out by the third. Thank goodness!

#2.    Eriksson gets a lot of empty netters and empty net assists, because he is put out in the last minute...its subtle, but give that some thought

#3.    Virtanen is just finding different ways to make statements every game.

#4.    Someone mentioned Ferland earlier in the PGT, we can hope, but for some reason that reminded me of all the young kids coming up behind this team

How can you not dream about the days to come!

1. It's mostly falling back into collapse you are seeing. No willingness to engage, playing in the system.

2. He is like a dog on a bone in that last minute.

3. Gotta commend the coach on Jake's emergence.

4. Ferland's return delayed to mid Feb according to a CBS article I saw last night when I saw the speculation.

• Cheers 1