The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at San Jose Sharks | Jan. 29, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

56 minutes ago, TheRocket18 said:

Thought we had it worst losing Motte, but Hertl out for season, and the 2 points from your tank... after beating St. Louis.

How is this small team surviving and thriving?

Hughes effect... crazy.

Marky/Demko cast... Jennings hopefuls.

1st and 2nd line scoring capability... above average.

Depth.... Check.

Faceoffs... Quadruple Check. 

I'd really like a meaner defenseman/policeman...

Someone who could hit and enforce on the back end would be perfect...

Like a Marchment, Kasperitis, Stevens... Not today's Subban...  And don't try to bagskate the Tram...

What a great 2 games.  Cheers all.

Oh, it's worse for San Jose, they could be handing Byfield or Lafeneire to Ottawa.  

At least the could get a substantial haul of prospects and picks if they started their rebuild now.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Benning’s master plan coming together quite nicely. Build through the draft, compliment the young players with some veterans and continue to add young prospects to the lineup each year. 

Not too many compliments, though as that can lead to complacency !! Green has it right - tough love for the youngsters

3 hours ago, SergioMomesso said:

Cmon guys. Motte should have pushed the puck into the corner and peeled off rather than try to hold off EK and drive the net. No way he was getting around EK. Motte put himself in a bad position. Yeah it was a bit dirty but Motte had options. 

This 100%

as soon as he lowered himself against EK I knew it wouldn’t end well for Motte. 

3 hours ago, Toyotasfan said:

Eventually the little superstar on D is going to be targeted by other teams. Do we have anyone who would do anything about it ? Really something to address before too long.

Tryamkin hopefully 

He is most likely and cheap option. Myers can throw his weight around although not often. 

Benn is a big boy to. 

I'm not to worried although only things we do lack is better 2nd scoring although they are stepping up at the moment. And experience but experience comes from losing and getting back up. Like the 9-2 loss. 6-5 loss to wash. All those losses build character and strength. By playoff time I doubt boys take a shift easy even if up 4-1 ect...

12 hours ago, Toyotasfan said:

Eventually the little superstar on D is going to be targeted by other teams. Do we have anyone who would do anything about it ? Really something to address before too long.

Can't hit what you can't catch.  

The mighty Quinn is a very smart elusive player when he has the puck.  

He will get hit, but it will be very hard to stick him to the boards, I would be surprised to ever see him hit in the open ice.  

To go out of position to try to hit him would be very risky.  For every one hit, there would be 10 odd man rushes the other way.  

His lower body strength and center of gravity is greater than many people see.  Just look at his skating a position on that last goal.  When he shot the puck, look at his skates.  To knock him out of that position, it would take a clean check, open ice by a much bigger player.  

Still, other than a straight knuckle chucker, we have the size and physical play to return the favour.  

Adding Trymakin in april is the best way to help.  Getting Ferland back and Mac up from the farm are also easy and available options without having to make a deal.  

Edited by Phat Fingers
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Fanuck said:

Swear at one point I saw Hockey Gaud give Kane a pretty dirty look - does that count as lack of respect? 

well if it were me, I'da dropped the gloves and skated over there and say, "Erik, your meen and I don't like you"

and skated away

On 1/30/2020 at 10:43 AM, Toyotasfan said:

The team sure missed Motte last time he was out , he averages 6 hits a night, after that it drops off to 1or 2 . 

He was having a big impact on the 4th line's decent offense at the start of the season until his last injury, and he was definitely missed as the fourth line started to get pasted in the fancy stat categories.  Under rated as he is probably the best forechecker on the team IMO.  

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, xereau said:

And Wilson just got two thumbs up from the owner.

My question is: Where are those two thumbs?

And we are bitching about Loui at 6 million, good lord computers would be bursting into flames all over BC if we had a goalie like Jones making 7 million for the next four years. He has played 4 games since November something like that? 0-4. He makes more than Demko and Markstrom combined   

13 hours ago, Chris12345 said:

Tuna's goal was unreal. Looks like a real player.

He was so calm through that whole play. He gets knocked on for his hockey IQ all the time, but I think it's improved and that was an example. He found a hole and made it work, and did it with composure. That's one of the biggest differences in his game now, he's been in the league long enough that he doesn't panic so much on the ice anymore and it's he's creating more opportunities for himself and his linemates. It's fantastic.