The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at San Jose Sharks | Jan. 29, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Well - that ended well - except for Motte - hope he's OK

This team seems to be able to turn it up in the 3rd period -  seems to take them a period to get their feet moving - passes werem\n't as clean as  against the Blues

2 points for us

All is well in Canuckland until Sat -

GCG

Edited by Bo fan

Hope Motte is okay.  Why are the Canucks on the receiving end of so many uncalled hits to the head?  Such inept reffing. What they prioritize as to what makes a penalty call or not.  A second later someone could tap another player on his stick and a arm shoots up immediately. Just pathetic.  Now lets see if/how Hockey Command Central deals with it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

I think that’s why they brought Ferland in, to bad he’s injured could of used him this game

Miller? Myers? Beagle? Virtanen? 

Benn should be offered another shot and told to be a heat-seeking, bearded, British Columbian missile. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

While this is a great win, the absence of an answer to San Jose’s physical attacks was noticeable. That needs to be rectified if this team hopes to make it far in the playoffs. Don’t want to see Canucks getting injured without retribution. 

Ditto.  Perhaps JB, can look within the org (McEwen or Bailey) for a solution first - to not disturb the team chemistry - before trading for one.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Canucks_since_birth said:

Just over a year ago I was all on the fire Green train, but I must admit he has won me over. I thought markstrom was a sieve too. I enjoy being proven wrong. I am sorry for everything I said coach green. 

Takes a man to admit. Happy to give you your first + my dude.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Okay, we were outplayed for the first 40, but did what we needed to do.  Still like how we're defending and the forecheck really came on in the 3rd.  But what sets us apart is the clinical finishing.  Sometimes it's enough to win. 

Are we playing rope-a-dope for the first two periods just to burn them out and set them up?

• Haha 1

The team needs to answer for the gutless and illegal hit on Motte. 

No question. Green needs to see the potential for his team to physically dominate a game. 

They have to. 

Mottey(?) needs revenge. That was low. It was gutless, and the Canucks did nothing.

They scored goals, sure, but they didn’t take the opportunity to extract their pound of flesh from San Jose. 

Sonofabitch must pay. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Cheers 3
  • Haha 1