The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT]: Canucks vs Isles, Feb. 1st, 2020, 10 PST on SNP

Rate this topic

Qwags

This back to back is going to be as good a test as we've seen. If they play like they did against the Sharks they'll get blown out again ala Tampa. We have the defensive holes to let it happen so let's hope everyone's focussed and they come out of the gates fast and surprise the Islanders, who are renowned for locking it down later on.

3-1 Canucks

22 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in practice:

Pearson-Horvat-Eriksson
Miller-Pettersson-Virtanen
MacEwen/Bailey-Gaudette-Boeser
Schaller-Beagle-Sutter

Edler-Stecher
Hughes-Tanev
Fantenberg-Myers
Benn

- Maintenance day for Roussel

Roussel has been quiet lately.  Actually that line has.  I would love to see the bottom 6 as:

Bailey - Gaudette -Boeser  -- chance for a little more offense

Roussel - Beagle - Sutter  -- hard working tough line to play against.

• Upvote 3

Organizational depth has certainly improved. When you can call up two depth guys who are both 220lb's and can play a fast pace game.

I have not looked at Bailey much and thought he was much older. He is only one year older then Jake. He has the potential to become a solid bottom six guy. Some times it takes players who are more offensively minded in junior to adjust their game to more of a two way style. Some never adjust.

He has good size and they say he can fly.

Tale of 2 teams trending in opposite directions. 

Past 15 games:

Canucks: 12-3-0  24P   54GF 40GA (+14)

Islanders:  6-7-2   14P   40GF 44GA (-4)

First game back for the Isles as well so perhaps slow out of the gate.  

5-2 Canucks with the Loui empty net special.  Looking forward to see Bailey.(tonight?)   GCG!!!

Edited by revelnuck

49 minutes ago, dm_ranger said:

Roussel has been quiet lately.  Actually that line has.  I would love to see the bottom 6 as:

rather see Boeser in the top 6 where he belongs

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dm_ranger said:

I wonder if Bailey has enough size and speed to replace what that line lost when Jake got the bump up to the 1st line? if he can skate the puck out like Jake this could get interesting .

24 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I wonder if Bailey has enough size and speed to replace what that line lost when Jake got the bump up to the 1st line? if he can skate the puck out like Jake this could get interesting .

It would also make things interesting in the offseason as we could maybe explore trading Roussel as well this offseason to open up cap space who might be a more palatable option to some teams.

• Cheers 1

This team good, real good. And by this team I mean Canucks. Last game, half way through the game I thought we were done for. They continue to surprise me finding all sorts of ways to get the 2 points.

Cant win them all though. I’ll be happy if they get 1 of 2 this weekend as long as they are competing