The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT]: Canucks vs Isles, Feb. 1st, 2020, 10 PST on SNP

Rate this topic

Qwags

1 hour ago, bree2 said:

rather see Boeser in the top 6 where he belongs

I would agree, except both top lines are doing really well and we are winning.  The top 6 is a handful for other teams right now, I don't think they are changing until someone in the top 6 slows down.

I hope Schaller brings some energy , throws at least 4-5 hits on the forecheck and has a stellar PK. Otherwise it should be Bailey or Mack getting a chance. 

Isles are having scoring issues lately, Barzal is in a slump. It’ll be tight , but it’s a good time to play the Islanders.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, dm_ranger said:

I would agree, except both top lines are doing really well and we are winning.  The top 6 is a handful for other teams right now, I don't think they are changing until someone in the top 6 slows down.

Jake wasn't that good on the first last game, sure got a goal but that was pp2, 

• Wat 2

47 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

I hope Schaller brings some energy , throws at least 4-5 hits on the forecheck and has a stellar PK. Otherwise it should be Bailey or Mack getting a chance. 

Isles are having scoring issues lately, Barzal is in a slump. It’ll be tight , but it’s a good time to play the Islanders.

Why does Schaller need to provide that or he's out? MacEwen may throw a few hits, but Bailey doesn't play that game and neither player PKs. Schaller plays a more valuable role especially with Motte out and the fact that Schaller has been our 2nd most utilized player on the PK when he's in the lineup. Schaller has thrown less than a hit per game average, so it seems like a set up for unwarranted disappointment. I don't think he has that short of a leash on the AHL callups.

Had a strange dream:

Our Van gang confidently walkin' a desolate Long Isle beach in Flyin' V, leather vests(led by Bo, EP & Bro LouiE)..suddenly bottles start clicking, & a plaintive wail arises: "Orca whalesss..come out to play-ay-ayy..."

Well you know what happens next. Our guys easily take care of biz. Then are approached by three figures, near the shore: Trotz-Munster, Buttman & Dr Evil, saying in unison: "You Orca Whales are GOOOD, reaalll good...RIFF!" (so then I woke up)

GCG!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bree2 said:

rather see Boeser in the top 6 where he belongs

I see your passion. But we are winning games. Bottom line. 

This is good for Boes believe it or not and he will be back in the Top 6 soon enough 

10 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I see your passion. But we are winning games. Bottom line. 

This is good for Boes believe it or not and he will be back in the Top 6 soon enough 

I don't see it as good at all. Rousell , Gaudette and Boeser have not gelled. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, bree2 said:

I don't see it as good at all. Rousell , Gaudette and Boeser have not gelled. 

No they haven’t and you will probably see that change sooner than not for that reason. 

Being deployed on the third line has been tough for Boeser but it always helps him be better hockey player overall in that role. I’m not talking goals. Eventually he may have to be on Horvats line so he does need a more rounded game. Also Boeser is not a veteran and is still developing. I’d imagine we are going to see an even better Boeser in the near future. He needs to add a little more versatility to his game so he can play on different lines. If matchups are tough or the top line isn’t scoring and so on. 

Clutterbuck disgusts me as a human being. Remember the Boeser incident, where I know it was Boeser who initiated contact and the bench door being opened which led to this scarier and unfortunate situation. Boeser was stretchered off the ice, and we are thankful it wasn’t career ending and we get to see Boeser playing again. Then you look at Clutterbuck’s reaction, he seem like he was proud of what he did, as he help Brazil eliminated his only threat in the Calder race.

Similar scenario happened between Sabourin and Backes; Sabourin attempts to hit Backes, and end up getting the worst of the collision. Sabourin needed to be stretchered off the ice and Backes showed distress and remorse even though it wasn’t his fault at all.

It tells you a lot about a player when incidents like this happen. I have 0 respect for Clutterbuck and hope we destroy his team.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I wonder if Bailey has enough size and speed to replace what that line lost when Jake got the bump up to the 1st line? if he can skate the puck out like Jake this could get interesting .

Well. At 6'4" he's bigger than Jake, and from what I've seen of his Utica games, is faster too.  And with 3 hatrticks in 4 games, no-one can dispute his goal scoring touch.  If he plays, expect a few hits that will jar the puck loose, bit don't expect any fights, that's not his game.  He had great chemistry with Lind and Jasek, thus I would see him thriving with Gaudette and Boeser, not with Beagle and Sutter 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Devron44 said:

No they haven’t and you will probably see that change sooner than not for that reason. 

Being deployed on the third line has been tough for Boeser but it always helps him be better hockey player overall in that role. I’m not talking goals. Eventually he may have to be on Horvats line so he does need a more rounded game. Also Boeser is not a veteran and is still developing. I’d imagine we are going to see an even better Boeser in the near future. He needs to add a little more versatility to his game so he can play on different lines. If matchups are tough or the top line isn’t scoring and so on. 

no , sorry I don't buy that, what I see is Boeser should be back on the first line where Petey, Miller and Boeser played well together, what I don't see is Jake staying on the 1st line,  it is already starting to show on him, he wasn't that good last game. 

16 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Well. At 6'4" he's bigger than Jake, and from what I've seen of his Utica games, is faster too.  And with 3 hatrticks in 4 games, no-one can dispute his goal scoring touch.  If he plays, expect a few hits that will jar the puck loose, bit don't expect any fights, that's not his game.  He had great chemistry with Lind and Jasek, thus I would see him thriving with Gaudette and Boeser, not with Beagle and Sutter 

Maybe  Boeser, Sutter and Bailey, then you would have a much better face off guy on the third

• Upvote 1