The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT]: Canucks vs Isles, Feb. 1st, 2020, 10 PST on SNP

Rate this topic

Qwags

2 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Why does Schaller need to provide that or he's out? MacEwen may throw a few hits, but Bailey doesn't play that game and neither player PKs. Schaller plays a more valuable role especially with Motte out and the fact that Schaller has been our 2nd most utilized player on the PK when he's in the lineup. Schaller has thrown less than a hit per game average, so it seems like a set up for unwarranted disappointment. I don't think he has that short of a leash on the AHL callups.

Motte brings more energy than any other player on the team, who ever replaces him should try to bring energy. Sutter kills penalties better than Schaller so that’s why he was in the press box. Schaller needs to bring energy .

10 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Bailey has surprised me stats wise down in the AHL. Hope he gets in tomorrow.

Yeah. - we saw in training camp that he was fast, but the soft hands is a nice bonus.   I thought that maybe they would bring Lind up with him, and insert them as a pair, but I guess MacEwen has first dibs on call up status

Edited by Googlie
  • Like 1

Let’s go Canucks!

NYI are a very disciplined team defensively, they wait for the other team to make a mistake or take a high risk chance, then they counter attack.

Canucks need to play a boring uneventful game....even a zero/ zero draw would be good, then win it in OT

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

24 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Motte brings more energy than any other player on the team, who ever replaces him should try to bring energy. Sutter kills penalties better than Schaller so that’s why he was in the press box. Schaller needs to bring energy .

Schaller needs to play his game. Neither Bailey or MacEwen are going to replace his energy either.

Sutter may be the better PKer, but we are short one now and Schalotov has been a top PK guy for us when he's in the lineup.

Expect a close game

Suspect Schaller draws in - hope Motte  is back quick - he brings so much hustle and energy to the 4th line

But on the flip side it would be nice to see Mac and Bailey get a game too

Go Canucks Go

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Had a strange dream:

Our Van gang confidently walkin' a desolate Long Isle beach in Flyin' V, leather vests(led by Bo, EP & Bro LouiE)..suddenly bottles start clicking, & a plaintive wail arises: "Orca whalesss..come out to play-ay-ayy..."

Well you know what happens next. Our guys easily take care of biz. Then are approached by three figures, near the shore: Trotz-Munster, Buttman & Dr Evil, saying in unison: "You Orca Whales are GOOOD, reaalll good...RIFF!" (so then I woke up)

GCG!

Classic! You must be old like me.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, bree2 said:

no , sorry I don't buy that, what I see is Boeser should be back on the first line where Petey, Miller and Boeser played well together, what I don't see is Jake staying on the 1st line,  it is already starting to show on him, he wasn't that good last game. 

Ok and what happens when games get tough and that line gets shutdown by the opposition?

5 hours ago, bree2 said:

Jake wasn't that good on the first last game, sure got a goal but that was pp2, 

3 hours ago, bree2 said:

no , sorry I don't buy that, what I see is Boeser should be back on the first line where Petey, Miller and Boeser played well together, what I don't see is Jake staying on the 1st line,  it is already starting to show on him, he wasn't that good last game. 

Jake with 6 points in the last four games with another Game Winner Goal last game? I would say he is doing OK. B)

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, smithers joe said:

actually, the lines were thrown in the blender last game. a lot of different combos. 

I am not sure why TG did that, I know he needed to after the injuries but he mixed them up prior to that. It didn't work out well as they were not playing well when they got mixed up. Miller and Petey got stuck in their own zone a few times when they put Boeser back with them. Bo's line didn't look as strong when Lui was taken off too so it will be interesting what he does next game.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Pete M said:

Let’s go Canucks!

NYI are a very disciplined team defensively, they wait for the other team to make a mistake or take a high risk chance, then they counter attack.

Canucks need to play a boring uneventful game....even a zero/ zero draw would be good, then win it in OT

Yeah, they remind me of the Devils, during there championship years: an avg goalie, in that system will do very well.  No coincidence, that Lamoriello was GM, in NJ when they were doing well and kudos to Trotz also.

This will be a good test game against a good and very discipline team.  GCG !

Edited by ShawnAntoski

3 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Schaller needs to play his game. Neither Bailey or MacEwen are going to replace his energy either.

Sutter may be the better PKer, but we are short one now and Schalotov has been a top PK guy for when he's in the lineup.

who?

Edited by hammertime

Green will not change the top two lines as they are in the winning streak.

I would like to give Balley an opportunity, put him in the 3rd line seeing any chemistry with Guad and Brock.

Move Loui to 4th line, he was good at that line last game after Motte out.

The game will be very closed.

Predict Canucks win 3-2.

If the EM experts reflect again, there will be 4-2.

GCG