The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ovechkin...600 Less

Rate this topic

falcon45ca

6 minutes ago, xereau said:

He might not pass Wayne, but considering the era in which he has succeeded, he is the best scorer in the history of the game, already.

What signs of slowing down has he shown?

Dude scored 11 goals in 5 games, with back to back hattys this year.

It's happening. Wayne is going down, it's a scientific fact.

18 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Guy can bury the puck better than any player ever. Truth.

&^@# Kanye though.

I'd sleep with Kanye, then write a tell-all book about the sordid affair & make bank baby.

With said bank, I will purchase the absolute finest hypnotherapy 17 bottles of tequila can buy...and forget the whole thing ever happened.

I've sent in several submissions to the Dragon's Den to secure publishing, but haven't received a response.

Don't matter tho...cuz I'll pursue this dream way past some judge & his paper restraining order, ya'll don't know! 

I keeps it real like that

• Haha 2
  • Wat 1

14 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

I'd sleep with Kanye, then write a tell-all book about the sordid affair & make bank baby.

With said bank, I will purchase the absolute finest hypnotherapy 17 bottles of tequila can buy...and forget the whole thing ever happened.

I've sent in several submissions to the Dragon's Den to secure publishing, but haven't received a response.

Don't matter tho...cuz I'll pursue this dream way past some judge & his paper restraining order, ya'll don't know! 

I keeps it real like that

Not a fan of ego rap. Haven't listened to the guy in years. 

He produced some good $&!# back in the day, but I think he's potentially the least talented rapper to be ever be considered an actual rapper.

But OV is the most electrifying forward to ever play the game. I don't doubt it for a second.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Not a fan of ego rap. Haven't listened to the guy in years. 

He produced some good $&!# back in the day, but I think he's potentially the least talented rapper to be ever be considered an actual rapper.

But OV is the most electrifying forward to ever play the game. I don't doubt it for a second.

I can't stand his music, I just want to have a sexual encounter with him from which I can profit.

50 Cent, IMHO, began the cascade of shyte rappers becoming hip-hop idols

• Cheers 1

As a big fan of hockey history, I'm always probably slower to accept that modern players are among the all-time greats...but it's next to impossible to make a case that Ovie isn't the best goal scorer in NHL history already, even if he doesn't pass 894 goals. Amazing to witness such a legend in the making.

• Upvote 1

You can't compare players in different eras.

The 1980s to early 1990's majority of goalies were stand up goalies, and there was no defensive systems. 

And goalies had guys like Garrett who was 5'8". Grant Fuhr had a career 0.887 save percentage, and 3.38 GAA. 

It was Patrick Roy that popularized the "profly" style. Which was more effective. 

Wayne scored 200 points 4 times. Scored 92 goals in a single season. 

Could Ovi beat Wayne's goal totals, yes. 

But the game was different then.

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

You can't compare players in different eras.

The 1980s to early 1990's majority of goalies were stand up goalies, and there was no defensive systems. 

And goalies had guys like Garrett who was 5'8". Grant Fuhr had a career 0.887 save percentage, and 3.38 GAA. 

It was Patrick Roy that popularized the "profly" style. Which was more effective. 

Wayne scored 200 points 4 times. Scored 92 goals in a single season. 

Could Ovi beat Wayne's goal totals, yes. 

But the game was different then.

When you watch those old games, you see players just skate across the blue line and do a slap shot and there's a good chance it goes in.  Or just do a slow wrap-around and it beats the goalies.  If that happened now, those goalies would be demoted so fast.  Techniques, systems, talent levels has changed so much from Gretzky's days.  

Heck... an ECHL team from today would probably smoke the 80's Oilers if they played head to head now.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I am not a big OV fan but I think he is the best pure goal scorer in the league.  While he has benefited from the way the game is played today, I think he would have done very well with the way the game was played in WG's day. I like that he is not afraid of the rough stuff and will lay someone out with a body check.  Cuddos.

• Upvote 1