The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Travis Green in reference to Boeser

Rate this topic

Arrow 1983

6 minutes ago, Tystick said:

IMO, the issue is Eriksson and finding a fit for him.

They need to find him a new home, so they need to play him.

I think Green should give this a shot for a while:

Miller - Pettersson - Virtanen

Pearson - Horvat - Boeser

Roussel - Gaudette - Eriksson

Schaller - Beagle - Sutter

Cycle Eriksson and Sutter when necessary.

Best of a bad situation IMO.

It is also a possibility that Green and Boeser have talked about it and that they decided by placing Boeser on the 3rd line where he would naturel get less min but also face lighter competition would help boost his confidence and focus and at the same time not hinder the team. Further, giving me greater appreciation of Boeser maturity and dedication to this team, and the fans of this city

It is also a fair assessment to make that he hasn't lost his spot on the 1st unit powerplay and if Green was just solely trying to motivate him he would move him down to the 2nd unit. 

1 minute ago, Arrow 1983 said:

It is also a possibility that Green and Boeser have talked about it and that they decided by placing Boeser on the 3rd line where he would naturel get less min but also face lighter competition would help boost his confidence and focus and at the same time not hinder the team. Further, giving me greater appreciation of Boeser maturity and dedication to this team, and the fans of this city

It is also a fair assessment to make that he hasn't lost his spot on the 1st unit powerplay and if Green was just solely trying to motivate him he would move him down to the 2nd unit. 

Once Boeser starts rolling we're going to be a tough team to beat in the playoffs.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Tystick said:

Once Boeser starts rolling we're going to be a tough team to beat in the playoffs.

You point out something very important, if Boeser can give more this season (which no one  should expect from him) this team becomes that much more deadly to play against

If they get into the playoffs Boeser could go beast mod for his father

Edited by Arrow 1983
  • Cheers 2

46 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

I just hope that Green fully understands the bigger picture going on here and is not just treating this thing as another Virtanen issue using TOI as a means to motivate

Green is around Brock several hours every day. I’m pretty sure he has a better grasp on the big picture than those of us watching games from the stands or as pixels on a screen from our couches. Enjoy the wins. I’m sure Brock is. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, joe-max said:

The Canucks didn't have a single power play. Boeser plays on the power play. He doesn't play shorthanded or to defend a lead in the final minutes. Canucks were shorthanded twice and had to defend a lead in the final minutes.

i feel you good point GIF by Colleen Green

You’re not allowed to submit reasonable arguments on CDC ;) 

Edited by sonoman

45 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

fair point I did just check the stats and realize that, 

However 12mins is still low cause there was very few PK as well there was only 2 penalties called, Which means he averaged 4 mins a period

He certainly is not on a roll, struggling with confidence and probably doesn't deserve much more icetime at the moment, but he is still developing his all around game and the team is winning, it's way too early to panic. Hopefully he will get out of his slump at one point before or during the playoffs. Having an underperforming Boeser on your third line is an enviable situation.

1 minute ago, joe-max said:

He certainly is not on a roll, struggling with confidence and probably doesn't deserve much more icetime at the moment, but he is still developing his all around game and the team is winning, it's way too early to panic. Hopefully he will get out of his slump at one point before or during the playoffs. Having an underperforming Boeser on your third line is an enviable situation.

not my point at all

I think Boeser should ask for a trade at trade deadline, so he can be closer to his dad.  He can always come back in two years.  We'd get a great D man in Dumba, maybe.  By the time he comes back, maybe he would have worked and improved his skating and confidence, his family is happy and his head is on straight.  Might be best for all side, really.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 7

17 minutes ago, Dats hockey said:

Brock to Bos line would be nice Let’s be honest the only reason that line has been getting point is because of 10 or so empty nets

It's not all about points sometimes.  Each line as a role, and each player on the line has a role as well.  Right now the lines as they are seem to be filling in the roles based on match ups with opposition.  Even the empty net line has a purpose ... secure the win.

I appreciated the theme of the OP.  Is Green dealing with the human side of Brock's life right now?  Good question.  I don't think we can answer that as we don't get to know that part of their interaction.  We also don't know how Brock feels about it.  He might be fine with it, he might be frustrated with it, we don't know.  Good thoughts though, and I imagine the fact that we are winning as much as we are makes it easier for everyone.

As people have pointed out -- you don't break working -- and that might be sheltering Brock and keeping the spotlight off him.

I imagine the pressure would be a lot worse if he was on the top line and we were losing.  Then he would be stuck thinking about home and feeling the pressure to support the team here. 

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, iBlueGreen said:

I think Boeser should ask for a trade at trade deadline, so he can be closer to his dad.  He can always come back in two years.  We'd get a great D man in Dumba, maybe.  By the time he comes back, maybe he would have worked and improved his skating and confidence, his family is happy and his head is on straight.  Might be best for all side, really.

I don't know if I should give this a haha or a confused

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, dm_ranger said:

I appreciated the theme of the OP.  Is Green dealing with the human side of Brock's life right now?  Good question.  I don't think we can answer that as we don't get to know that part of their interaction.  We also don't know how Brock feels about it.  He might be fine with it, he might be frustrated with it, we don't know.  Good thoughts though, and I imagine the fact that we are winning as much as we are makes it easier for everyone.

As people have pointed out -- you don't break working -- and that might be sheltering Brock and keeping the spotlight off him.

I imagine the pressure would be a lot worse if he was on the top line and we were losing.  Then he would be stuck thinking about home and feeling the pressure to support the team here. 

well put 

For all the experts who apparently know far more than the coaching staff, Brock is also dealing with a very emotionally draining family situation.   It may well be impacting his play and the coaches are working with him best they can.   I would not be surprised to see him taking a "Markstrom" like break soon for personal reasons. 

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Bo fan said:

I am certain the coaches are well aware of  what is happening in Brocks "personal life" -  I think maybe we should be trusting the coaching staff to make the right calls when it comes to lines and ice time. There is a reason they are the coaches and we are the fans - imo

Thank you, a major misconception and disappointingly so by fans that Boeser is playing very poorly, that his off ice life is not supposed to play a part and that the coaches are in the dark about it.

Othewr players have gelled at a certain time where the team keeps winning, Green has already said this is why Boeser finds himself not really in a top six role right now and suggesting having 4 lines that he can roll is better for the team.

Its not my business or your business what is going on in any of these player's personal lives, but i'd wish them nothing but the best and also realize like any one of us stuff happens, bad stuff, and we have to deal with it.

I see absolutely zero issue with where he is as a player right now and the reason offered by his head coach. He will keep putting up points and will get on a roll himself sooner or later. 

1 hour ago, Arrow 1983 said:

I have been noticing Boeser's time on ice the last 5 or so games since his demotion to the 3rd line. Todays game is the lowest it has gotten @ 12:23 mins

I do not think this is the proper response from a coach in this circumstance and I believe this is being poorly handed, and this comes from a TG supporter. 

This is not the best way to motivate Boeser if anything in this circumstance I would argue it is only making things far worse

So what am I talking about, Boeser is dealing with one of the worse things a young man can be going through especially at his age, the deterioration of his father and his likely future passing. This is most likely weighing on this young man and is something that is far more important then this game. I also refer to the Minnesota game where Boeser played one of his best games well his father was in the stands. This further shows the importance of this circumstance to Boeser.

In Boesers defence he is averaging .31 goals a game which translates to 25 for the season, and I would make the arguemet, if Boeser wasn't dealing with this those numbers would be far higher and he would be tearing up this league and be on pace probably closer to 40 or more goals.

My point here is that Green is acting as if Boeser is just in a slump and needs to be motivated, like he did with Virtanen, it does not look like he is seeing the bigger picture.

I am not going to argue that I know how to make Boeser feel better or how to make him more focus on the game, I don't even think it is something Green or anyone can expect, but I do feel it is being dealt in the wrong message, maybe they should offer him a chance to take a week or so off so he can have some time with his father, but as a true hockey player Boeser probably wouldn't want to leave his team mates even though it might be the best for him. Another option might be, the Team finds a way to bring His family to Vancouver for a while so Boeser can be close to his family. The team does own a private plan and if he his father can not fly there are other means of travel. 

I just hope that the Organization Benning and the Aquilini family are doing everything possible to accommodate Boeser and his family in this time of this young mans live and that the only response is not the one by Green and what we can see.

we win yet someone has find something to complain about  , im sure Travis Green is well aware of Brocks situation , just like the whole Canuck organization was well aware of Jacobs Markstrom  Dads passing this year. , Do you ever think Green might be trying to put less pressure on Brock , or just  trying to spread out the offense  around , no it is green has no clue  lol 2 nd in the west  5 game winning streak  and the coach is clueless  , 

27 minutes ago, iBlueGreen said:

It's not all about points sometimes.  Each line as a role, and each player on the line has a role as well.  Right now the lines as they are seem to be filling in the roles based on match ups with opposition.  Even the empty net line has a purpose ... secure the win.

Doesn’t mean you can’t put them together when there is an empty net...

• Cheers 1