The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Travis Green in reference to Boeser

Rate this topic

Arrow 1983

2 minutes ago, the grinder said:

we win yet someone has find something to complain about  , im sure Travis Green is well aware of Brocks situation , just like the whole Canuck organization was well aware of Jacobs Markstrom  Dads passing this year. , Do you ever think Green might be trying to put less pressure on Brock , or just  trying to spread out the offense  around , no it is green has no clue  lol 2 nd in the west  5 game winning streak  and the coach is clueless  , 

You can try and distort what I am saying all you want but if you actually read through the posts you would know, I'm talking about the human situation.  As you more often disagree with me and do try and distort what I say I will just ignore you from here on out.

I think most people here would say I am not complaining. Just making an observation and for the most part people have been respectful about the topic at hand, as it deserves a respectful tone 

26 minutes ago, Tystick said:

IMO, the issue is Eriksson and finding a fit for him.

They need to find him a new home, so they need to play him.

I think Green should give this a shot for a while:

Miller - Pettersson - Virtanen

Pearson - Horvat - Boeser

Roussel - Gaudette - Eriksson

Schaller - Beagle - Sutter

Cycle Eriksson and Sutter when necessary.

Best of a bad situation IMO.

however, they just gave the Loui/BO/Pears line a new name, and Brock does not fit the make up of that line.

What Loui brings Brock cannot.

So you make the change, and Bo's line is not a shut down line and neither is Gaudette's.

HOw does that help the team make the playoffs

We all know that player are supposed to check their personal baggage at the door, and we also know that that is in fact impossible.

Other players have issues too, Motte, Ferland, Sutter have injury problems and Markstron had family issues, Sutter has gone from 2nd line C to 4th W, does he also deserve preferencial treatment?

that aside , Brock does not bring the defence neccesary to keep Bo's line as a shut down line.

Brock's poor pass lead to the Eberle goal (he was not the only one making a mistake)

Brock has not scored a PP goal since November, that spot may not be his much longer

Brock is the second highest paid forward on the team, and is due for a new deal before Bo and Miller. Brock is being paid for potential, he is not the second best forward on the team 

8 minutes ago, lmm said:

however, they just gave the Loui/BO/Pears line a new name, and Brock does not fit the make up of that line.

What Loui brings Brock cannot.

So you make the change, and Bo's line is not a shut down line and neither is Gaudette's.

HOw does that help the team make the playoffs

We all know that player are supposed to check their personal baggage at the door, and we also know that that is in fact impossible.

Other players have issues too, Motte, Ferland, Sutter have injury problems and Markstron had family issues, Sutter has gone from 2nd line C to 4th W, does he also deserve preferencial treatment?

that aside , Brock does not bring the defence neccesary to keep Bo's line as a shut down line.

Brock's poor pass lead to the Eberle goal (he was not the only one making a mistake)

Brock has not scored a PP goal since November, that spot may not be his much longer

Brock is the second highest paid forward on the team, and is due for a new deal before Bo and Miller. Brock is being paid for potential, he is not the second best forward on the team 

What I have bolded is hockey related, what Boeser is going through is about the human situation, same goes with Marky, and people deal with these things differently, age could easily be a factor Boeser is younger then Marky, circumstance is a factor as well. Boeser father, is still alive and they are living through it, Marky situation is different, Marky is living through the after effects of the situation. If you ever lived though someones illness and that person passed away you would know the difference, for some people the death is a relief and for some people they use it as a means of getting on with life, during the illness it can feel you are stuck with nothing you can do about it.

Edited by Arrow 1983
  • Upvote 1

Canucks didn't have any powerplays and were in the lead for most of the game. It's not surprising he didn't get a ton of ice time. And he screwed up pretty badly on the Isles second goal as well, so yeah....

Actually, he was getting a bit more time with Petey and Miller. Regardless, I'm not worried.

11 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

You can try and distort what I am saying all you want but if you actually read through the posts you would know, I'm talking about the human situation.  As you more often disagree with me and do try and distort what I say I will just ignore you from here on out.

I think most people here would say I am not complaining. Just making an observation and for the most part people have been respectful about the topic at hand, as it deserves a respectful tone 

no distortion  that  is what you are saying coach Green doesn't know what to do with brock in his situation  ,  you brought up  diminished ice time , complaining  demotion  to the 3rd line  complaining  , green is handling brock like he did  Jake  complaining  ,   how about showing green some respect   2nd in the west   hmmm 5 game winning streak and brock has been on the 3rd line for 5 games , nothing I have said is distorted in any ways   

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Arrow 1983 said:

As I have pointed out I am not using this to ruffle feathers and I chose my words carefully not to, it would be in bad taste to use this situation to due so, I just wanted point it out, as based on the way it could look to fans,

Furthermore, if Green is using TIO to motivate Boeser then it is also time for someone else in the organization to step in (Benning or Aquilini) and have a sit down with Green, Boeser and his agent

Edited by Arrow 1983

1 minute ago, Arrow 1983 said:

What I have bolded is hockey related, what Boeser is going through is about the human situation, same goes with Marky, and people deal with these things differently, age could easily be a factor Boeser is younger then Marky, circumstance is a factor as well. Boeser father, is still alive and they are living through it, Marky situation is different, Marky is living through the after effects of the situation. 

at the end of the day what matters is that Brock earn what he gets.

It is possible that Duke out lives Brock's current contract, maybe his whole career, I know this is getting greasy, but what do you do then?

Motte also deals with depression, that is not hockey relate

Kassian dealt with alcohol addiction, that is not hockey related

Erik Karlsson lost a baby, that is not hockey related

Bryan Boyle had cancer...

every team nominates a Masterton candidate, it does not mean that they get gifted 1st line minutes over players who do not have issues outside of hockey.

You just cannot run a team like that

3 minutes ago, the grinder said:

no distortion  that  is what you are saying coach Green doesn't know what to do with brock in his situation  ,  you brought up  diminished ice time , complaining  demotion  to the 3rd line  complaining  , green is handling brock like he did  Jake  complaining  ,   how about showing green some respect   2nd in the west   hmmm 5 game winning streak and brock has been on the 3rd line for 5 games , nothing I have said is distorted in any ways   

read the above post had you read the post prior to your post you would have seen what I have been saying

People called Jake a bust when he was being used with every trash bag bottom 6 player getting 10-12 minutes a game. Or they said he has no IQ so he has to learn. Not saying Boeser deserves the same treatment, just felt like pointing out people gave Jake a really hard time when he was being used the exact same way Green is using Boeser now. Green did it with Baer, did it with Jake, and now he's doing it with Boeser. Other than Baer's injuries derailing him so far it's been a good coaching tactic. 

I think it's whatever. He's going through a lot, this takes the pressure off of him to produce. Now people are waiting for Jake to fail so they can be mad about the pick again and waiting to be enraged about Eriksson's contract. More eyes on them takes the pressure off Boeser who was getting unfairly roasted by the fanbase for parts of the season. If anything I have liked his game playing on the 3rd line anyway. 1st line is cruising, 2nd line is cruising and the 3rd line is a legit threat. Depth my friends. It's a glorious thing when it works.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, lmm said:

at the end of the day what matters is that Brock earn what he gets.

It is possible that Duke out lives Brock's current contract, maybe his whole career, I know this is getting greasy, but what do you do then?

Motte also deals with depression, that is not hockey relate

Kassian dealt with alcohol addiction, that is not hockey related

Erik Karlsson lost a baby, that is not hockey related

Bryan Boyle had cancer...

every team nominates a Masterton candidate, it does not mean that they get gifted 1st line minutes over players who do not have issues outside of hockey.

You just cannot run a team like that

Wow, I will let others respond to this all I have to say is 

WOW

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

Wow, I will let others respond to this all I have to say is 

WOW

Wow, I'm not talking about hockey, I'm talking about real life.

wow

Real life sucks really bad some times, wow.

maybe we should go back to talking about hockey

10 minutes ago, lmm said:

wow

The Karlsson situation was dealt really well with

As soon as the League jumped in and someone started to care about Kassian, well Kassian proves when help is given someone can overcome. It is sad to say the Canucks just felt it was better to get rid of the issue.

Motto issues could be hockey related, concussion's

Not to mention the League does many things for mental health and substance abuse issues

Boyle I don't have any reference for that so I can not make comment on it, so yeah even the NHL realizes that real life gets in the way

Edited by Arrow 1983

1 minute ago, Team Bagues said:

Boeser isn't a flake who's going to cry in his cornflakes.

He'll put on his big-boy panties and do what's best for the team.

He's been playing pretty decent lately - this stretch will only make him a better player moving forward.

this is a dated mentality, and I haven't said anything bad about his play

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Arrow 1983 said:

I have been noticing Boeser's time on ice the last 5 or so games since his demotion to the 3rd line. Todays game is the lowest it has gotten @ 12:23 mins

I do not think this is the proper response from a coach in this circumstance and I believe this is being poorly handed, and this comes from a TG supporter. 

This is not the best way to motivate Boeser if anything in this circumstance I would argue it is only making things far worse

So what am I talking about, Boeser is dealing with one of the worse things a young man can be going through especially at his age, the deterioration of his father and his likely future passing. This is most likely weighing on this young man and is something that is far more important then this game. I also refer to the Minnesota game where Boeser played one of his best games well his father was in the stands. This further shows the importance of this circumstance to Boeser.

In Boesers defence he is averaging .31 goals a game which translates to 25 for the season, and I would make the arguemet, if Boeser wasn't dealing with this those numbers would be far higher and he would be tearing up this league and be on pace probably closer to 40 or more goals.

My point here is that Green is acting as if Boeser is just in a slump and needs to be motivated, like he did with Virtanen, it does not look like he is seeing the bigger picture.

I am not going to argue that I know how to make Boeser feel better or how to make him more focus on the game, I don't even think it is something Green or anyone can expect, but I do feel it is being dealt in the wrong message, maybe they should offer him a chance to take a week or so off so he can have some time with his father, but as a true hockey player Boeser probably wouldn't want to leave his team mates even though it might be the best for him. Another option might be, the Team finds a way to bring His family to Vancouver for a while so Boeser can be close to his family. The team does own a private plan and if he his father can not fly there are other means of travel. 

I just hope that the Organization Benning and the Aquilini family are doing everything possible to accommodate Boeser and his family in this time of this young mans live and that the only response is not the one by Green and what we can see.

I don't know but unless one has been in the NHL or coached in the league, we are all sitting here guessing or relating it to our own issues we have gone through in life. Maybe Brock and TG talked and came up with the plan together... like i said its all a guess.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

I don't know but unless one has been in the NHL or coached in the league, we are all sitting here guessing or relating it to our own issues we have gone through in life. Maybe Brock and TG talked and came up with the plan together... like i said its all a guess.

I agree completely, and I said the bolded part already in a later post so have many others

Edited by Arrow 1983
  • Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, lmm said:

wow

From the NHLs own website they did an article on Brian Boyle 

https://www.nhl.com/news/new-jersey-devils-brian-boyle-has-leukemia/c-291181794

Seems like it was dealt with pretty humanly 

32 minutes ago, lmm said:

wow

Here is an article on Kassian, so you know the facts

https://edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/nhl/edmonton-oilers/terry-jones-from-substance-abuse-to-sobriety-zack-kassians-life-career-on-positive-track-with-oilers

• Cheers 1