The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Travis Green in reference to Boeser

Rate this topic

Arrow 1983

On 2/1/2020 at 1:44 PM, nux_win said:

Calm down people and please leave the coaching to the professionals.  We're doing fine.  Brock is doing fine (it's just a slump, every goal-scorer goes through that, it's not a problem).  Green and Benning actually know what they are doing.  Go Canucks Go!

Totally agree. And if it's just a slump... 

53 GP - 16 G - 29 A - 45 P isn't too shabby! And a +7 to boot. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/1/2020 at 4:44 PM, iBlueGreen said:

These types of responses get people riled up, I take all the touchy feely points about the player and ... .  I'm good with Boeser. But I just play devil's advocate with some satire.  Just having fun.  You never know it could happen.  Look at Suter and Parise, they wanted to go home. :)

I'd want to go home too for $100,000,000! It's a no-brainer! :lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, BarnBurner said:

Totally agree. And if it's just a slump... 

53 GP - 16 G - 29 A - 45 P isn't too shabby! And a +7 to boot. 

Interestingly, if he were to reverse his goals and assist (e.g. 29G and 16A) we would not be talking about him slumping but then knowing the internet the new titles could be “is Boeser a selfish player giving his low assists total?”

• Cheers 1

21 hours ago, DarkIndianRises said:

I’m not sure if it’s a case of Boeser being demoted as it is with Green simply rewarding Virtanen.   Boeser hasn’t been bad, but Virtanen has been outperforming him.  

Bingo.  That said BB played a lot with EP last game - the entire game I think so maybe his JV experiment is over...think BB on the second line is worth a look first though.  Maybe LE can change spots with a lead late in the game ...

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Bingo.  That said BB played a lot with EP last game - the entire game I think so maybe his JV experiment is over...think BB on the second line is worth a look first though.  Maybe LE can change spots with a lead late in the game ...

I don't think reward had anything to do with it, imo part of it was they wanted to see if Jake was actually ready for a top 6 role, which he is. So that changes the TDL/offseason planning quite a bit. 

Boeser with Bo + Pearson does make sense if it doesn't become weaker and lose zone time. But Jake back with AG makes even more sense, without Jake that line is poor. AG isn't ready to run a line yet, and it really showed imo with that Brock-AG experiment. 

Nice thing is we kept wining, and now have some in-game options like you mentioned too. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I don't think reward had anything to do with it, imo part of it was they wanted to see if Jake was actually ready for a top 6 role, which he is. So that changes the TDL/offseason planning quite a bit. 

Boeser with Bo + Pearson does make sense if it doesn't become weaker and lose zone time. But Jake back with AG makes even more sense, without Jake that line is poor. AG isn't ready to run a line yet, and it really showed imo with that Brock-AG experiment. 

Nice thing is we kept wining, and now have some in-game options like you mentioned too. 

This makes this most sense of anything I’ve read regarding the so called Boeser Situation. 

People calling out Green on development on another thread :picard:

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, IBatch said:

Foolish move, imo.  That line wasn't nearly as effective, despite Petey's goals.  

5 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I agree, but I don't want to see Jake's icetime reduced as he is more of an impact player than Boes is and should see more ice than BB.

Put Boeser back with Pettersson & Miller. That line has more potential with him on it, and give Brock a bit of rope there to get his confidence back.

Then put Jake on Bo's line. (LE has been decent but footspeed is still a problem. Bump Loui down to 4th & Sutter up to 3rd.

Miller / Petey / Boeser

Pearson / Horvat / Virtanen

Roussel / Gaud / Sutter 

Schaller / Beagle / Loui

• Cheers 1

Just now, stawns said:

I agree, but I don't want to see Jake's icetime reduced as he is more of an impact player than Boes is and should see more ice than BB.

I can see that... but with his reduced ice time this year its been really effective, Jakes 4th on the team on points/60 with under 13 min per game. Kind of impressive.

I'd like to see Roussel get a maintenance day in Minnesota and see what Bailey and Jake can do together. 

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Foolish move, imo.  That line wasn't nearly as effective, despite Petey's goals.  

not true imo. and Greens. he thought the first line was very good,  Boeser and Petey both had 5 shots on goal  and that line was humming. 

2 minutes ago, bree2 said:

not true imo. and Greens. he thought the first line was very good,  Boeser and Petey both had 5 shots on goal  and that line was humming. 

just out of curiosity, how many posters of BB do you have on your walls?

• Wat 1

3 hours ago, hammertime said:

Boesers head isnt in the game right now can you blame him really? I think TG is doing the right thing by taking some pressure off the kid. 

come on, he played well yesterday , he had 5 shots on goal and he was hustling

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I can see that... but with his reduced ice time this year its been really effective, Jakes 4th on the team on points/60 with under 13 min per game. Kind of impressive.

I'd like to see Roussel get a maintenance day in Minnesota and see what Bailey and Jake can do together. 

not in our coaches arsenal

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I also think they're getting to the stage where they need to think about giving AG some time in the pressbox and go with Petey, Bo, Sutter and Beagle down the middle.  Games are only going to get tougher down the stretch and having Sutter at C is probably the better move.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, lmm said:

just out of curiosity, how many posters of BB do you have on your walls?

I could say the same for you and all the posts you do . I have a right to post just as you do!   I like Boeser , and I like how he plays.   most on here have their fav players,  nothing wrong with having fav players.

Edited by bree2

2 minutes ago, bree2 said:

I could say the same for you and all the posts you do . I have a right to post just as you do!  

You do, you absolutely do have the right to blow Brock's horn every day.

And you do, you do pump Brock's tires on a daily basis.

And I don't want you to stop, really I don't.

There is something lovely and predictable about knowing that sooner or later you will show up to defend Brock's honor.

Please don't change, I find myself wondering where you are sometimes when Brock related threads go 1 page without your testimony