Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes closer to the Calder, Currently sits Number 1 in points

Rate this topic


Arrow 1983
 Share

Recommended Posts

1st in points by rookie as of today

 

8th in the league scoring for Defenceman, 7th in assists for defenceman with 30 and tied for 26 in league assists

 

What was holding Hughes back was he was not scoring goals he has increased that stat in the last little while and now sits 16th in goals by league defensemen at 8

 

8g 30a 38pts

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Arrow 1983
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, joe-max said:

Can already see the headlines when he wins it, becoming the second Canucks winner in a row:

 

CDC: "Praise the Lord. the dynasty is here. We will never lose a game again."

HF Boards: "Boeser came only second. Benning sucks."

NHL.com: "Maple Leafs rookie Sandin snubbed. Ends up 17th in Calder race."

He still has to beat out Makar who has played 10 less game but I can put a spin on that,

 

How many games was it before Hughes got on the 1st unit PP and when he did just look at the PP record before and after Hughes this alone should give him the upper hand

Edited by Arrow 1983
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As much of a Hughes fan as I am, we have to remember that Makar has played 10 less games. There's an argument to say that Makar is playing with more skilled forwards, but he doesn't get a lot of cheap points, they're mostly well earned.

 

Hughes is ramping his play up of late though so will probably be a photo finish for the Calder.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

As much of a Hughes fan as I am, we have to remember that Makar has played 10 less games. There's an argument to say that Makar is playing with more skilled forwards, but he doesn't get a lot of cheap points, they're mostly well earned.

 

Hughes is ramping his play up of late though so will probably be a photo finish for the Calder.

 

8 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

He still has to beat out Makar who has played 10 less game but I can put a spin on that,

 

How many games was it before Hughes got on the 1st unit PP and when he did just look at the PP record before and after Hughes this alone should give him the upper hand

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Ya, poor kid was really struggling.   No one noticing him across the league.    

don't half quote me 

 

and yes he was struggling to score goals he was stuck at 4 for a long time

 

He has had 4 goals in the last 4 games

Edited by Arrow 1983
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rob_Zepp said:

You said he was being held back...I am saying, "from what?".    Kid is arguably one of the 10 the best 20 year old Dman in the over the past decade and you chose a term like "held back".    The game isn't just about point and popularity awards.   Hughes has meant FAR MORE to this team than Makar has to Colorado so where he ends up in terms of points, goals or Calder voting is really nothing of concern as the Canucks already won the lottery when this kid fell into their lap.

right from my OP

 

What was holding Hughes back was he was not scoring goals

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

You said he was being held back...I am saying, "from what?".    Kid is arguably one of the 10 the best 20 year old Dman in the over the past decade and you chose a term like "held back".    The game isn't just about point and popularity awards.   Hughes has meant FAR MORE to this team than Makar has to Colorado so where he ends up in terms of points, goals or Calder voting is really nothing of concern as the Canucks already won the lottery when this kid fell into their lap.

It really is only 4 lines of text ::D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

He still has to beat out Makar who has played 10 less game but I can put a spin on that,

 

How many games was it before Hughes got on the 1st unit PP and when he did just look at the PP record before and after Hughes this alone should give him the upper hand

Honestly I think it was only like 5 games before he was out on the top unit.

 

Makar is really good and I’m betting will probably win it. I’m hoping for Hughes but how many points will Makar get. He just has to keep passing to McKinnon 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

don't half quote me 

 

and yes he was struggling to score goals he was stuck at 4 for a long time

 

He has had 4 goals in the last 4 games

Struggling to score goals? Based on Makars amount of goals? What do you mean exactly? He’s a defencemen even the best don’t put up a lot of goals unless you play for Washington 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Struggling to score goals? Based on Makars amount of goals? What do you mean exactly? He’s a defencemen even the best don’t put up a lot of goals unless you play for Washington 

But Makar was getting goals, and that was putting Hughes behind Makar, not so much now

 

The Calder is a direct comparison between the players 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...