The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Canes - Feb 02 2020 - 11am Pacific - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

10 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Just a question, but why is Bo's line listed as line 1 in every thread. Clearly all year Miller and EP's line has been considered the clear #1 line for the Canucks. The Lines 3 and 4 and the D pairings seems to be in order so wondering why the top 2 lines always seem to be backwards?

I don't think the players care at all. 

Rather EP40 gets focussed heavily already. And this might be sneakily efficient in taking some pressure/ focus off of EP40's line. 

Teams will still key in on him. But still this kind of roster sheet alarms them about Bo's line.

And that line can't be handled lightly. Been pretty good lately. 

So I am not against this idea. 

Then there is our 3rd line with a lot of offensive potential. I think Green also has that option starting to pull through so we could get 3 lines going.

That would be ideal going into the latter part of the season. 

Whatever it takes to win games I guess haha.

Just my two cents. 

"They've got a balanced team. When they're all healthy, top to bottom, you can tell everybody has good roles. They've got guys who can score, they've got guys who can check. Their goalies have been good all year. That's a good combination." -- Hurricanes coach Rod Brind'Amour

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NeilColville said:

He’s played 2 games in the NHL and has okay numbers on a stacked Utica team. How is he our insurance ? Your thinking is flawed bro 

I don't think he's saying that MDP has higher NHL upside than Demmer. 

I think he's saying that during this expansion draft, it will cost us a lot to ask Seattle to not take Demmer... (whether it be our high draft picks/ prospects) 

Realistically, we have to look at all options available.

If things don't go as planned and Seattle is determined to take Demmer, MDP is our "insurance". 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I'm honestly not in love with our odds today. Second half of a back-to-back, AM game against a good eastern team. Wanna be wrong, but I'm predicting a loss today :/

Since we have only lost an early game against a bad eastern team (NJx2) this season,  I'm less worried.  Nice to see them bucking the trend this year!

GCG