The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | February (02-08) 2020

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

Hope the Panthers pound the Leafs tonight.

Is Kapanen still benched for missing practices?  Funny how the Leaf’s propaganda puppets in the eastern media continue to float Kapanen in trade rumours.  Guy is clearly trouble. 

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is Kapanen still benched for missing practices?  Funny how the Leaf’s propaganda puppets in the eastern media continue to float Kapanen in trade rumours.  Guy is clearly trouble. 

I take our Canucks roster over the Leafs any day. Canucks are full of talented yet, humbled kids who are good people on and off the ice. The Leafs on the other hand... well...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

I take our Canucks roster over the Leafs any day. Canucks are full of talented yet, humbled kids who are good people on and off the ice. The Leafs on the other hand... well...

Anderson got injured in the Leaf’s Game.  The Leafs are losing.  I’m happy :lol:

8 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The Jets and Dustin Byfuglien are working on the terms of a mutual contract termination, per Frank Seravalli. 

Byfuglien is on a standard player contract and thus his cap hit will no longer count on the Jets books post termination.

I heard this as well. Can someone enlighten me as to why this can be done with Buff's contract and not LE's? Or with Lu's when we was a Canuck?

5 minutes ago, rekker said:

I heard this as well. Can someone enlighten me as to why this can be done with Buff's contract and not LE's? Or with Lu's when we was a Canuck?

The term mutual contract termination is the key here. Both Dustin Byfuglien and the Jets want out of the contract. Neither Luongo nor Eriksson want or wanted out of theirs.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, rekker said:

This can be done to LE’s contract except, LE has to agree for it to happen. Agreeing to this means LE will be walking way from the remaining millions left in his contract and he will likely get a much lower contract once he walk away from his current one. You are asking a player who is in his 30s to walk away from millions of retirement money, it is not likely to happen. However, Lou is completely different. Lou’s contract expires when Lou is 35+, and it was sign before the new CBA, so it has a cap-recapture penalty if he retires early. If he chose to terminate his contract with his team mutually, the cap hit still remains. The only way to get rid-off Lou’s cap re-capture was for JB to trade for Lou’s rights and then put him on LTIR. It didn’t happen.

• Thanks 1