The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

JB In Historical Context

Rate this topic

Nuxfanabroad

On 6/1/2021 at 2:14 AM, RU SERIOUS said:

OMG, Another Uncle Jim Love-Fest topic.  Do we really need another one???  Really?

Why do his last remaining followers keep starting up these post every few days, with the same old BS claims that's he's boy wonder and here we are sitting out yet another playoff season.  Some things never change - but will soon - once the "fed-up with JB excuses" fans are back in their seats and the FIRE BENNING chants start-up next season.  Maybe Aqua-lini can ignore a banner flying in the sky but wont ignore thousands chanting FIRE BENNING during a nationally broadcast Saturday night HNIC game for millions to hear.    Always amazes me how some are content with constant failure and actually support it (with endless excuses).

21 Most Funny Fire Pictures

Maybe your words are how others think of you as well? This is a 2 way street, not just a 1 way dude. This is where discussions happen and everyone's entitled to their opinion.

If you are this attached to your ideas and can't handle another's opinion being different than yours, perhaps you shouldn't be on a forum where not everyone's going to agree with your opinion. ;)

Also the only Jim Benning love fest going on here is from your own narrative that you've made up. Benning's made mistakes. I just don't think they're to the point where I want to fire him. That's hardly the love fest you seem to want to made up here. lol

But hey, have fun being miserable I guess? Not really my thing really but fly at it! If you want to have a reasonable sound discussion I'd much prefer that, but I have yet to see you actually do that due to being too attached to your own ideas.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1

On 6/1/2021 at 4:19 PM, kanucks25 said:

Whatever helps you sleep at night; I'd think laying with strawmen would be more itchy than cozy.

Kind of an ironic reply talking about sleeping at night when he's responding to people who you'd think were insomniacs with how obsessed with their own ideas with all the "FIRE BENNING" this and "FIRE BENNING" that.;)

If that's what sleeping's supposed to be instead.... no thanks. Life's already too short for that.

Edited by The Lock
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Kind of an ironic reply talking about sleeping at night when he's responding to people who you'd think were insomniacs with how obsessed with their own ideas with all the "FIRE BENNING" this and "FIRE BENNING" that.;)

If that's what sleeping's supposed to be instead.... no thanks. Life's already too short for that.

You had to stretch that really far and it didn't come out in any way clever or funny :(

One playoff appearance in 7 years is greatest GM of generation. Ouch, interesting perspective. 
To bad he handicaps himself so frequently with the trickle out of draft picks in trades and bad UFA deals. He may be the best drafting GM we have had but the rest of the job matters. 

8 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

One playoff appearance in 7 years is greatest GM of generation. Ouch, interesting perspective. 
To bad he handicaps himself so frequently with the trickle out of draft picks in trades and bad UFA deals. He may be the best drafting GM we have had but the rest of the job matters. 

Hard to argue with Benning worshippers, they dont look at reality/facts. Here's some more we are picking 9th this year (bottom feeder season), next season I dont think we are looking too much better. So yeah, going into the 8th year GM, still projected to be a bottom feeding team. Let's give Benning 1 more year to work his magic. Looking forward to results, or change. 

Edited by Drakrami
  • Vintage 1

THREE straight Calder-finalists in a league of 30+ teams! THAT, with no lame-o, lotto gifts.

What are the odds of this? Ever see it again? Guess you could argue Minny has a shot, if Rossi hits for them, next season. Then they'd need another gem afterwards.

But this is really something to hang our hat on. There's too much whining & griping, when all's considered.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

20 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

THREE straight Calder-finalists in a league of 30+ teams! THAT, with no lame-o, lotto gifts.

What are the odds of this? Ever see it again? Guess you could argue Minny has a shot, if Rossi hits for them, next season. Then they'd need another gem afterwards.

But this is really something to hang our hat on. There's too much whining & griping, when all's considered.

But but but... every single one of them was no brainers and anyone could have done that.... 

+10 Nux

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Let go of Tanev (warrior, locker room favorite, mentor and perfect D-partner for our young star D-man) to make room for a guy they had to get rid of after 1 season.

Now we desperately need a D-man  - or two -  that are like Tanev.

#planning

Edited by kanucks25
  • Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Let go of Tanev (warrior, locker room favorite, mentor and perfect D-partner for our young star D-man) to make room for a guy they had to get rid of after 1 season.

#planning

You may have stumbled aimlessly into the wrong thread?

THIS is the one that's emphasizing his drafting-prowess.

15 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

You may have stumbled aimlessly into the wrong thread?

THIS is the one that's emphasizing his drafting-prowess.

No, the Schmidt saga and all the related parts sum up JB in a historical context quite well ;)

8 hours ago, kanucks25 said:

#planning

First we worried about "where are the Sedin's 100 points going to come from?" sniveling, now it's "oh my Tanev isn't here whatever are we going to do". Tanev and Stecher couldn't handle the crease in the playoffs. Calgary fans would give Tanev back in a heartbeat at that cap hit and term. 

And please I'm all mentored out. 

Mentoring sounds like jehovahs witnesses knocking on your door early Sunday mornings. We need warriors like Cernak, in that mold. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

On 5/18/2021 at 6:12 PM, Nuxfanabroad said:

Let's all take time to fully appreciate JB adding another draft of youth, for his Historical-Context!:emot-parrot:

I'm really liking this Klimovich kid. At that size and skill I think he's going to be ready sooner than people think. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

First we worried about "where are the Sedin's 100 points going to come from?" sniveling, now it's "oh my Tanev isn't here whatever are we going to do". Tanev and Stecher couldn't handle the crease in the playoffs. Calgary fans would give Tanev back in a heartbeat at that cap hit and term. 

And please I'm all mentored out. 

Mentoring sounds like jehovahs witnesses knocking on your door early Sunday mornings. We need warriors like Cernak, in that mold. 

Actually the opposite. He played so well they decided to keep him in the expansion draft over their captain. 

Laughable.

• Haha 1

On 6/7/2021 at 4:24 PM, Drakrami said:

Hard to argue with Benning worshippers, they dont look at reality/facts. Here's some more we are picking 9th this year (bottom feeder season), next season I dont think we are looking too much better. So yeah, going into the 8th year GM, still projected to be a bottom feeding team. Let's give Benning 1 more year to work his magic. Looking forward to results, or change. 

Did JB do enough so far this off season?   Draft weekend SN declared (and rightly so) the Canucks as one of the three top winners.   CHI and MTL top losers lol.

Then JV bought out, Garland signed to a fair risk deal,  Schmidt and Holtby by out.    Today is going to be a big day as JB has to find a decent back-up at a decent price in a market that is for sure in the goalies favour with Seattle taking three and each team with a UFA goalie looking for new blood too.   MD isnt ready so for sure don't be surprised if we overpay a little for someone else (again).    But maybe not we will see. 

Hamilton, Hamonic, Ceci, Barrie ... RHDs - expect us to take at least one maybe even two of these guys (one probably).   Big day.   So far JB might be the busiest GM... and it's possible at the end of the season we will see him as a finalist for GM of the year.   Tick Tock. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Actually the opposite. He played so well they decided to keep him in the expansion draft over their captain. 

Laughable.

Is it?   Gio is old bro.   And Tanev is on a fair deal and still in his late prime too.   Of course they keep him, that's a lot of cap they can use for someone younger.  

• Cheers 1