The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Mental Exercise: Boeser for Brady Tkachuk

Lets trade the guy who has put up better numbers at practically every point in his career for a guy who is better in after the whistle scrums

If Brock is gonna go I hope its for a top tier young d man.

26 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

Boeser still on a 70 point pace having a 'down year' apparently so lets move him. The deal is fine but not necessary.

the OP clearly stated "mental exercise" so its just a trial balloon. I think this kind of thread can help people appreciate what we've got. Trading Brock for a 4th oa pick showing real potential isn't an easy decision. Yay us. 

45 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

Boeser still on a 70 point pace having a 'down year' apparently so lets move him. The deal is fine but not necessary.

This is the part that gets me. Guy is having a very good year and for some unexplainable reason people think he is "slumping/peaked".                                                                        Next year the same folk will be talking about how the Canucks should trade Elias.:picard:

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

the OP clearly stated "mental exercise" so its just a trial balloon. I think this kind of thread can help people appreciate what we've got. Trading Brock for a 4th oa pick showing real potential isn't an easy decision. Yay us. 

By the comments it doesn't feel like people appreciate anyone this team has. Goal scorers get the worst abuse because they slump sometimes.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Really wanted Tkachuk at the draft and was so bummed Ottawa took him at 4 (until we somehow managed to get Hughes). 

This is a trade I would do. Now I'm not gonna lie, it's going to be a hard trade to make in terms of having to trade Boeser, but Brady Tkachuk could possibly be the 2nd coming of Todd Bertuzzi. 

Brady is also a piece our core is desperately missing. 

This is a trade I'd do in a heartbeat for sure.

Boeser means more to Vancouver and his teammates and BT means more to Ottawa.   Poor deal for both as both will feel as though the lost the deal and both players will be in for a mess of comparison for pretty much ever and crumble under the weight of the other player's accomplishments.    

Not a good deal for either.