The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kings trade Jack Campbell, Kyle Clifford to Maple Leafs for Trevor Moore, 2020 3rd-round pick, conditional 2021 3rd-round pick

Campbell is generally a great backup goalie. Not as good this year, but then, all of LA sucks right now. This could turn out to be a huge steal for the Leafs if Campbell can return to his form prior to this year.

• Upvote 1

The conditional third-round pick becomes a second-round pick if Clifford re-signs with Toronto or the Leafs make the playoffs and Campbell wins six regular season games

Could see LA getting that second along with the third, which is exactly what they need 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

The conditional third-round pick becomes a second-round pick if Clifford re-signs with Toronto or the Leafs make the playoffs and Campbell wins six regular season games

Could see LA getting that second along with the third, which is exactly what they need 

That makes the price much more steep.

6 wins is nothing.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, D-Money said:

But wonder if Campbell can handle playing behind that D though

I’d be absolutely shocked if he could. For some reason, I started listening to a lot of TSN1050 (Toronto) for the last two season (probably because of my work having our head office in Toronto). Anyway, the station and the fans have been down on Andersen all season, as he’s been having a rough time this year. 

Unless Campbell turns into Kiprusoff, he’ll have a real hard time. He’s an upgrade for sure on Hutch, but not by a lot.

Hate to say it but that’s a decent trade for TO. Their defence still sucks and their forwards are pretty boys and punks  so the are still hooped but Campbell seems like a great character guy. Really admire his career. Faced a lot of adversity being a high draft pick. Seen a couple interviews and just seems like a great guy.

30 minutes ago, Maginator said:

That makes the price much more steep.

6 wins is nothing.

I thought it was 6 playoff wins, and I was like yea no way they get a 2nd.

A 2nd for a backup is actually a pretty steep price. But they were desperate.

Edited by DeNiro

Clifford and Moore are close to being a wash... Clifford slight upgrade in player but is ufa compared to Moore being signed one more year at $775K.

That leaves 2 X 3rd picks (with one possibly becoming a 2nd) for a back up goalie... I mean they needed one but that is a steep price. Good thing they have so many 6th and 7th rounders this year haha.

trade then tanev and stecher for kapanen and a two 4th rounders one 5th rounder an call up juolevi and rafferty  and sign tryamkin rathbone 

miller petey kapanen 

pearson horvat boeser

roussel gaudette virtanen 

ferland beagle leivo

sutter eriksson

edler myers

hughes tryamkin 

juolevi rafferty

benn rathbone

marky

demko

• Haha 1