The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Make Canada What again?

Warhippy

58 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Yes to both, but I have met plenty of open racist way before Trump and social media.

I don’t think they were hiding anything.

Yes, but when your  head of gov is openly / publicly racist.....   this  allows regular joes to act similar without fear of being ostracized.... 

Trump makes everyday racists feel their terrible views are somehow normal.....  

This is very dangerous for society.... 

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Keep reaching...

29D6F03E-C9CC-4631-B6C6-C6F79158B7F5.jpeg

Black people or minorities that defend, or support, Trump are just brainwashed.. token photos.. but this is the Canada thread lets keep it great or talk about Trudeau and his lack of ability to unite or be the shining beacon many thought he would be when I first voted for him two elections prior I drank the koolaid. Shame that his opponent was just sheer weakness this time around. Sad.

8 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Black people or minorities that defend, or support, Trump are just brainwashed.. token photos.. but this is the Canada thread lets keep it great or talk about Trudeau and his lack of ability to unite or be the shining beacon many thought he would be when I first voted for him two elections prior I drank the koolaid. Shame that his opponent was just sheer weakness this time around. Sad.

Nice pun. Scheer was awful but Trudeau is worse. Politicians of all parties have failed this country for 40+ years, really awful for 12-15 years. 

1 minute ago, HerrDrFunk said:

I think if he was the grand dragon people are claiming him to be, he wouldn’t dare be seen with coloured people. I personally don’t buy the racist narration as he’s from New York. He may be an Idiot, but he knows how to run an economy. Something I think that Canada sorely misses. And someone who can do that in Canada is the first step towards towards putting Canada on the right path again.

• Wat 1

6 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

I think if he was the grand dragon people are claiming him to be, he wouldn’t dare be seen with coloured people. I personally don’t buy the racist narration as he’s from New York. He may be an Idiot, but he knows how to run an economy. Something I think that Canada sorely misses. And someone who can do that in Canada is the first step towards towards putting Canada on the right path again.

I think that’s a completely elementary take on racism in contemporary society. It’s pretty damn rare to come across someone so racist that they won’t even be seen with someone of another ethnicity; particularly if there’s social capital to be gained from being around them. I guess it’s comforting for simple folk to tell themselves “well, he’s willing to be around black people, how racist can he be?” though? 

Edited by HerrDrFunk
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Jt defenders will attack. 

Average Canadian household spent more on taxes than living costs in 2018, report finds

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business/article-average-canadian-household-spent-more-on-taxes-than-living-costs-in/

Hey Ryan, why didn't you post the body of the article?

Other estimates of Canadian household tax rates are lower than the Fraser Institute’s. In 2017, the Broadbent Institute calculated that the typical Canadian family faces an effective tax rate of around 24 per cent.

A key difference in methodology is that the Fraser Institute includes a number of taxes not paid directly by Canadian individuals, but that are paid by businesses and may be buried in the cost of goods.

Payroll deductions paid by employers, for example, make up a portion of Fraser Institute’s family tax bill. The Fraser Institute’s number also includes taxes paid by Canadian corporations on business profits – a total of $4,726 per family.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business/article-average-canadian-household-spent-more-on-taxes-than-living-costs-in/

Oh..

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

Guys like you don't pay income tax so its irrelevant. 

You sure skipped over a lot, hey?

This again? Guys like you sure project a lot.

I was only pointing out the contradictory information in your article. If you're making a statement with said article, then onus is on you to post it. I guess you're also projecting that others only read headlines.

2 minutes ago, Lockout Casualty said:

This again? Guys like you sure project a lot.

I was only pointing out the contradictory information in your article. If you're making a statement with said article, then onus is on you to post it. I guess you're also projecting that others only read headlines.

Sorry if the truth hurts.

I guess you're admitting you skipped over a lot?

5 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Sorry if the truth hurts.

I guess you're admitting you skipped over a lot?

Not sure what gave you that idea, but no, I read it all.

Anyway, you got me right in the feels so there's no point in continuing. Maybe be a little more honest next time you post a headline that is contradicted by the article itself, that's all I'm saying.

2 minutes ago, Lockout Casualty said:

Not sure what gave you that idea, but no, I read it all.

Anyway, you got me right in the feels so there's no point in continuing. Maybe be a little more honest next time you post a headline that is contradicted by the article itself, that's all I'm saying.

Lol. Let's discuss the article 

6 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Lol. Let's discuss the article 

You're welcome to, or do you need me to lead? Ok.

It's disingenuous to consider cost of goods as part of the tax burden. Individuals pay the price set, and businesses do whatever they wish with that money. It's not a tax when my apples cost 1.99/lb, no matter how hard the Fraser Institute wishes it to be.

Edited by Lockout Casualty

7 hours ago, Lockout Casualty said:

You're welcome to, or do you need me to lead? Ok.

It's disingenuous to consider cost of goods as part of the tax burden. Individuals pay the price set, and businesses do whatever they wish with that money. It's not a tax when my apples cost 1.99/lb, no matter how hard the Fraser Institute wishes it to be.

Um yes it is. Just like Dairy it in fact is a tax.