The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Guillaume Brisebois

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I thought Benning said he wanted to bring up some guys to get a few games in. so far recently only Macewen has slotted in. Bailley should have played too.  I know it is up to Green to play them, but they just sit for games in the press box. we could have used a goal scorer last night!

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Why not just slot Benn in and keep Brisebois down in Utica? Clearly this team needs players with more truculence.

1 hour ago, ThaManbeast said:

Because if somebody gets hurt last minute theywill have somebody to play.

This happens every time there's an injury. Guys get called up to fill the 'spare' slot. If another guy gets hurt, gets sick, pulls something in practice/training etc, you've got another body already recalled, practicing with the team and ready to slot in.

This is how this works...

33 minutes ago, bree2 said:

I thought Benning said he wanted to bring up some guys to get a few games in. so far recently only Macewen has slotted in. Bailley should have played too.  I know it is up to Green to play them, but they just sit for games in the press box. we could have used a goal scorer last night!

IIRC, Benning actually said something like 'get a look at'. That includes how they look in practices with/against other NHL'ers FWIW. And like was the case with MacEwan last night, further injuries will dictate whether they see actual game time.

• Upvote 4

55 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Makes me wonder if JB is looking into acquiring depth for the d position moving forward.

I also think that maybe someone is interested in a prospect or two of ours...  so maybe it would be something like Stetcher+ Brisebois for Dillion (we sorely lack any type of toughness on the back end)

1 hour ago, 73 Percent said:

Oooooo ppl gon be pissed it wasn't OJ or raf lol 

Nah. OJ needs to spend the whole season and playoffs 8n AHL this year.

Id like to see Briese get a game but I think he's the extra D, Benn will get back into lineup. 

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, NeilColville said:

would be nice to see the guy up here at some point.

Hell yeah! Really hoping he can transition alright. We could use another Dman with some offensive upside. Especially with a right handed shot.

Im gonna take him in my fantasy draft next year if he’s still available so I’m banking on the guy haha

3 hours ago, Squamfan said:

lol why cant they call up rafterty . if Ollie had his stats he would have been up a long time ago

Won't happen until Myers, Tanev or Stetcher go down.   Although I'm predicting once we clinch he will get some games to rest our R side for the playoffs...

• Upvote 1