Jack Hughes 

Canucks trades
Tyler Myers
Lou Erickson 
Nils Hoglander 
Antione Roussel 
2020 2nd and 3rd rd pick
2021 2nd and 3rd rd pick

njd prolly want our 1st rd pick too I’m thinking...

Edited by KnuckleHead16
  • Haha 3
  • Wat 1

First off. NJ isn’t moving Hughes less than a year after being picked 1st overall. But beyond that. And more importantly, every roster player you’ve included from Vancouver has a NTC or NMC. I doubt they waive to go to one of the worst teams in the league 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

First off. NJ isn’t moving Hughes less than a year after being picked 1st overall. But beyond that. And more importantly, every roster player you’ve included from Vancouver has a NTC or NMC. I doubt they waive to go to one of the worst teams in the league 

Lmao you right haha fun to think they would though! Ntc so dumb wish players didn’t have a choice sometimes haha! 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Why? There is zero chance NJ trades Jack Hughes, unless we send Quinn++ or Elias++ the other way. No thanks. Pretend you're NJ. Do you love this deal?

Hoglander has that potential just as Hughes does, just not as high as. Plus NJD are in rebuilding mode. Plus NJD adds 4-5 more picks to their upcoming draft. That’s more chances to land a diamond in the ruff. While receiving more B prospects to their core. Canucks can’t get it done either because of our NTC clauses! Which sucks lol! 

Edited by KnuckleHead16

1 hour ago, KnuckleHead16 said:

Hoglander has that potential just as Hughes does, just not as high as. Plus NJD are in rebuilding mode. Plus NJD adds 4-5 more picks to their upcoming draft. That’s more chances to land a diamond in the ruff. While receiving more B prospects to their core. Canucks can’t get it done either because of our NTC clauses! Which sucks lol! 

Quality>>>>>>>>>Quantity

• Upvote 1

If Jersey's rebuilding why would they trade a potential #1 center picked 1st overall? You know, one of the toughest positions to fill? While not bringing in a top end c prospect in return to fill the prospect void trading Hughes creates? Hoglander's a winger with potential but come on. 

Why do we want an underwhelming Subban being paid 9m for two more seasons..? Eriksson is moved for the sake of taking on an even larger albatross? 

Why do we want Subban over Myers when we just signed Myers? Subban has 11 points in 51 games. Myers has 17 in 53 and costs 3m less.

Why are we dumping two 2nd's and two 3rd's when drafting is management's bread and butter? Why does Jersey want Roussel? Why do we want a Simmonds who's trending down? 

Edited by Coconuts

Coyotes took cap dumps in the past aswell as other teams... look how well they moulted together over the years. It  can pay out in the end. just takes time. Quantity can pay off. If GMs picked the right prospects to speed up the  rebuild process. Plus Hoglander pretty decent return same as Myers and Roussel. 

2 hours ago, KnuckleHead16 said:

Devils trades
Wayne Simmonds 
Pk Subban 
Jack Hughes 

Canucks trades
Tyler Myers
Lou Erickson 
Nils Hoglander 
Antione Roussel 
2020 2nd and 3rd rd pick
2021 2nd and 3rd rd pick

njd prolly want our 1st rd pick too I’m thinking...

I would like to keep Myers, instead of the $9m PK.

Jack Hughes is good, but Hog is one of our future core & includes 2020, 2022 2ne and 3rd picks  will damage our re=building.

Loui is not a big problem, assumed BN will find a way to solve it.

In conclusion, I don't agree to do this trade.

• Cheers 1

On 2/7/2020 at 3:32 PM, Coconuts said:

If Jersey's rebuilding why would they trade a potential #1 center picked 1st overall? You know, one of the toughest positions to fill? While not bringing in a top end c prospect in return to fill the prospect void trading Hughes creates? Hoglander's a winger with potential but come on. 

Why do we want an underwhelming Subban being paid 9m for two more seasons..? Eriksson is moved for the sake of taking on an even larger albatross? 

Why do we want Subban over Myers when we just signed Myers? Subban has 11 points in 51 games. Myers has 17 in 53 and costs 3m less.

Why are we dumping two 2nd's and two 3rd's when drafting is management's bread and butter? Why does Jersey want Roussel? Why do we want a Simmonds who's trending down? 

Ok good points yes... NJD is rebuilding so picks are gonna help to speed up their rebuild. Why doesn’t NJD tear the team down and rebuild with picks? in this years aswell next years draft. Our first and second & Hoglander should be enough for Hughes. He’s not having the greatest rookie campaign. He’s not showing value, just like Nolan Patrick a first pick overall. No real value in my eyes but could turn his game around with his brother Quinn. Plus PKs contract, same with Simmonds ends long before Myers and Erickson’s contract. so we automatically relieve cap room quicker then we would with Lou and Tyler. But it’s probably still not enough for NJD to pull the trigger. Not to mention the NTC. 

I’m wondering if the Devils would be open to something Eriksson-Subbann related?

Eriksson has a much lower cap hit and has one less year on his contract.   Given Eriksson’s contract structure, there’s also a good chance that Eriksson would retire before his contract expires (either after July 2020 or July 2021).   

The Canucks would obviously have to throw in a sweetener with Eriksson for Subban, but would it be as high as we think? (Given the above).

6 minutes ago, DarkIndianRises said:

I’m wondering if the Devils would be open to something Eriksson-Subbann related?

Eriksson has a much lower cap hit and has one less year on his contract.   Given Eriksson’s contract structure, there’s also a good chance that Eriksson would retire before his contract expires (either after July 2020 or July 2021).   

The Canucks would obviously have to throw in a sweetener with Eriksson for Subban, but would it be as high as we think? (Given the above).

Not true. Their contracts end at the same time. I assume they’d prefer to bank on the younger player bouncing back after 1poor season rather than take an older player who’s been bad for almost 4 years 

• Huggy Bear 1