The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2 Dramatic Scenarios..Which Do U Pick?

Rate this topic

Nuxfanabroad

12 minutes ago, awalk said:

S1 but only because I know the outcome in advance. I'm not sure I can handle another run + game 7 SCF loss... my poor heart... 

Yes, but as series transpired exactly as I've predicted, you'd realize the hockey Gauds have purchased my paintings!

edit: btw, I had the Jackets winning that last rd in 6 games. Let's say we host the series, so game 6 is in their barn

Edited by Nuxfanabroad

Imagine the options if we're sitting on the #1 OA pick? We've got our star #1 C already. Mtl would sure LOOOVE that French kid picked at their hosted draft, wouldn't they?

They'd prob relieve our trouble-cap, & send a pkg with Gallagher, Domi, a 1st, etc....

Or Ottawa might have TWO top-7 picks, &  they too have an enviable stash of youth.

With a ballsy deal, we could have an instant Powerhouse.

Here is an insanely criminal, derogatory, insulting, outlandish and impossible one, S1 happens and the Canuck's surrender this years first anyway and then it becomes the number one overall and then Tampa hires Benning as head scout.

TAKE ME BEHIND THE BARN AND SHOOT ME:lol:

Edited by Lazurus
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Ciggy-Freud(the Marlboro Man) would have a field day with the data from this one. Instant grat vs the exhibited patience of awaiting long-term, sustainable pleasure. Hmm..what an experiment!

I suspect the line to draw is somewheres in the 30 yo range. Older than that, one can vividly recall the last 2 great runs, & are perhaps of an age that can appreciate the necessity of having to wait(a touch more), for good things that are almost guaranteed. Further, they grew up in an analog world(perhaps?) & prob have the patience for cycles & seasons.

Under 30? Forgettaboutit! They want it hazy, smoky, now, Pleasuable, varied..& they want it pronto, mister! Well that would be the perceived stereotype, from this here, 50-something. But I'd also like to think humans are a bit more unpredictable & interesting. I'm sure plenty of youngins would enjoy computer-projecting a powerhouse lineup, after adding such an elite, ELC ingred(or the proceeds from a blockbuster)

So would most youth go with the 2nd option?("Not fair..we haven't had our share of epic runs!"). I suspect the majority would

1 hour ago, Rick Blight said:

2 please

So you surprised me a bit here, RB!

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Ciggy-Freud(the Marlboro Man) would have a field day with the data from this one. Instant grat vs the exhibited patience of awaiting long-term, sustainable pleasure. Hmm..what an experiment!

I suspect the line to draw is somewheres in the 30 yo range. Older than that, one can vividly recall the last 2 great runs, & are perhaps of an age that can appreciate the necessity of having to wait(a touch more), for good things that are almost guaranteed. Further, they grew up in an analog world(perhaps?) & prob have the patience for cycles & seasons.

Under 30? Forgettaboutit! They want it hazy, smoky, now, Pleasuable, varied..& they want it pronto, mister! Well that would be the perceived stereotype, from this here, 50-something. But I'd also like to think humans are a bit more unpredictable & interesting. I'm sure plenty of youngins would enjoy computer-projecting a powerhouse lineup, after adding such an elite, ELC ingred(or the proceeds from a blockbuster)

So would most youth go with the 2nd option?("Not fair..we haven't had our share of epic runs!"). I suspect the majority would

So you surprised me a bit here, RB!

May not be around long enough to see #1 bear fruit so at least I would get the excitement of #2 and the experience gained by our guys might be enough for the following year or two.

8 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

May not be around long enough to see #1 bear fruit so at least I would get the excitement of #2 and the experience gained by our guys might be enough for the following year or two.

Hope that's exagerrated, RB. Tell your ticker you're def waiting for a 'Nucks Championship, & you'll go on forever! :^)

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

A strange hobby, but I like to ponder these crazy things. Two unlikely sequences to wind up this campaign, which one is more palatable?

S1 - The wheels fall off. We get a number of injuries reducing key guys from the lineup. Nothing major(complete recovery for all), just misfortunes that'll place guys on IR from 2-6 wks. Slide down the standings, & all of Canada laughs at us. Finish 13th last..basically no-man's-land in the rebuild-realm. But then..lo & behold, we FINALLY WIN the F***ing Lotto(2% chance..or whatever it is?) Woo-hoo!!! Here we sit, with the 1st overall pick in our pocket. 99% of Canada is now insanely jealous :^)

S2 - In a spring of PO-upsets, we go on a wild, highly unlikely run. Finish in the 2-slot, hosting Cowtown. Smoke 'em in 5! Then Edmunchuk, who banished the 1st pl. Lost Vegans(they & Winterpeg are WC's). Bounce'em in 6. Unbelievably the Jets emerge from Central, but are beaten up. Still we outlast them in a 7 game, epic thriller. Game 7 OT, Miller from EP & Hughes, in what experts are calling one of the most beautiful OT winners, to ever finish a series.

There it is, a Cdn-sweep, all the way to the Finals. We overcome adversity too, with 7 or 8 injuries along the way, we rely heavily on youth/depth on our valiant run. Ironically(for once) almost all of Canada(save bitter Hogtown) fall in love, cheering for our gritty, exuberant cast. Bo, Miller & EP shine, all over 30 pts, after all 4 rds. Jake snipes 14, & OJ is called up & fares brilliantly. Looking like a perfect match with Myers for the coming yrs. On 'tending, both our guys are excellent. With some injuries, they shine & split the wins.

The Finals our luck runs dry..although it to is an epic gem. All 6 games go to OT. Their team is perfectly healthy, with brilliant 'tending. Who?..Torts' Jackets..that's who. The small market darling becomes the talk of the league. Green & Torts shake hands after, with honour for both. All NHL cities agree this was a brilliant series, played hard & fair; both sides completely earning the others' begrudging respect.

13 home dates..so lots of loot in our pocket. Our cast is higher in demand, so we can easily deal off extra parts at the draft, & be very cap-compliant. We pkg TD & Gaud for a 12th overall pick. Life goes on with complete optimism for 2020-21

That's all folks..no adjustments please. Which would you prefer?

Hey, I had dream #2 last night...…………...except I scored! :emot-parrot: